khadijat Saidu, Birnin Kebbi.
In an effort to contain the global pandemic challenge, Governor Atiku Bagudu has directed all security agencies in the state to enforce compulsory use of face masks.
Bagudu also directed that travellers coming into the state must be quarantined to avoid the spread of Corona virus.
The kebbi state Governor, made this known while briefing newsmen shortly after series of meetings with the security agencies and the state task force on COVID-19 at government House in Birnin Kebbi.
Bagudu said that the state has set up mechanism to ensure that the directives of the national task force on COVID-19 were complied with.
“Sequel to that, from today on the security agencies have been mobilised to ensure the enforcement of compulsory quarantine of all those who are coming into kebbi state from another states in other to ascertain their status of COVID-19 before allowing them into the community.
Also in Newzandar News: Firm donates food items in Kebbi
According to the Governor he said, “face masks are available across the state, while our local tailors have being speedily trained to produce them in large numbers to be sufficient for the people of the state to buy and use ”
“The state government will also provide the masks as much as possible to ensure the need of the people is met,” he added.
The governor assured the public that distribution of palliatives by the state palliative distribution committee would soon commence in the state.
The governor also lauded the diligence and dedication of the members of the state Task Force and other health professionals saying,
“they have been brave and courageous.”
He therefore directed the Task force to increase their daily media visibility, especially on the need to continously sensitize the people of the state, to sustain the tempo of their invaluable support to the fight against the pendemic.
- COVID-19: UNIPORT directs compulsory use of face masks in campus
- COVID-19: Wike declares compulsory use of face masks in Rivers
- COVID-19: Buhari orders compulsory use of face masks nationwide
- Ayade lifts ban on churches, orders compulsory use of face masks during service
- COVID-19: Rivers govt. orders compulsory use of face mask in hospitals
- Turkey Makes Wearing Of Face Masks In Public Compulsory
- Malaysia considers making face masks compulsory in public
- Gov Emmanuel eases lockdown in Akwa Ibom, makes public wearing of face masks compulsory
- Woman from anti-mask ‘agency’ threatens worker with jail for enforcing masks