The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC, on Thursday stormed Ebonyi State government house for decontamination of offices.
It was gathered that the NCDC arrived at the government house barely three hours after the governor, David Umahi announced that prominent members of his cabinet tested positive for COVID-19.
Recall that the governor as a result of the development ordered for the immediate shutdown of government house offices for seven days to checkmate the spread of the virus.
Newzandar News gathered that all offices at the old government house including the governor’s office have been deserted by political appointees and civil servants for fear of contracting the virus.
The offices were reportedly placed under lock and key as directed by the governor.
Investigation revealed that the NCDC came in with several ambulances and evacuated some patients that were already hospitalized at the clinic before the shutdown.
The governor had in a statement, through the Commissioner for Information and State Orientation, Barr. Uchenna Orji, called for the intervention of the NCDC and tasked them to commence tracing of persons who had contact with the COVID-19 cases.
According to him: “The Governor is disturbed about the way and manner some State Executive Council members were infected, although they are also in stable conditions.
“In order to ensure effective contact tracing, he has directed that all Government offices be closed. We have entered into another phase of spread of COVID-19 called community transmissions.
The governor further tasked the NCDC team to immediately fumigate all government offices including his own office at both the old and new government houses to avert the spread of the virus in the state.
Umahi further directed all Exco members and other appointees as well as civil servants working in the ministries of Finance and Budget to proceed immediately on self-isolation and must present themselves to the NCDC for testing.
- COVID-19: Delta records 532 cases, orders offices decontamination
- COVID-19: Enugu govt commences decontamination of all court premises, offices, fuel stations
- COVID-19: Enugu State govt commences decontamination of courts, offices, others
- Decontamination of FMC begins over COVID -19 death, others
- School reopening: Oshodi-Isolo council begins decontamination exercise
- Ebonyi state government shuts down offices after some members of the cabinet test positive for Coronavirus
- BREAKING: Umahi shuts Ebonyi govt offices as Executive Council members get infected with COVID-19
- BREAKING: Two INEC offices set ablaze in Ebonyi
- Tension as INEC Offices Are Set Ablaze In Ebonyi State
- Ebonyi shuts govt offices as cabinet members test positive