Gov Oyetola Gboyega of Osun State
Shina Abubakar – Osogbo
Osun State Government on Saturday warned private school owners against reopening as it stated that the new reviewed restriction does not accommodate school resumption.
A statement signed by the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education, Festus Olajide stated that opening of schools would amount to sabotaging state government’s effort to curtail coronavirus spread.
It added that any school that opens its gate during the emergency period would have it license revoked.
The statement reads, “It has come to the notice of the State Government of Osun that Heads of some private schools have been using various guise to direct learners to resume learning in their schools.
“Such action is inimical to the health of the children and Public Health in general. Besides, such directive is a sabotage of the efforts of the State Government at fighting the spread of the corona virus pandemic in the State.
“It should be noted for emphasis that the partial lockdown as explained by the Governor does not cover reopening of schools. The ban on Educational gatherings remains in force.
“Any private school which reopens during this emergency period shall have its Operational License revoked with immediate effect; and it’s authorities shall be handed over to the State Government of Osun for prosecution as appropriate”.
- FG has agreed to pay salaries of private school teachers owed during the lockdown- Private School owners association president, Yomi Otubela says
- School reopening: Your children are safe – Private school owners tell parents
- How Seyi Makinde Revoked, Ex-Gov Ajimobi’s 48 Plots, Mansions
- Lesotho ex-first lady accused of murder leaves country as bail revoked
- 49 Plots Allegedly Belonging To Okorocha’s Elder Sister Revoked By Imo State Government
- We need your help, private school owners, teachers cry to government
- We’ll support you, Kwara Gov tells private school owners
- Kaduna state govt shuts down private school, revokes it’s license for violating quarantine order
- Lagos threatens sanctions against private school owners over COVID-19 regulations
- “Date in private, love in private, sometimes it is best to keep things private” – Actress, Dayo Amusa writes