Shina Abubakar – Osogbo
Osun State Government on Saturday confirmed the release of four coronavirus patients after testing negative twice in line e with the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) protocol.
This is as the state lost a patient in her late 60s to the cold hands of death.
A statement issued by the State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Rafiu Isamotu disclosed that the index case was discharged thirty-eight days after he was taken into the health facility for treatment.
He had arrived Osun from the United Kingdom and was admitted after testing positive for coronavirus. He has been receiving adequate medical care until his full recovery on Friday.
Similarly, three health workers in the State who tested positive for Coronavirus, have also tested negative for the second time and are now free of the virus.
Isamotu recalled that the health workers had last Wednesday, tested negative for COVID-19 but had to be subjected to the second round of test, in line with the protocol of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC.
He revealed that the State government received results of the index case and those of the health workers’ second test on Friday evening from the NCDC accredited Testing Centre, the African Centre of Excellence in Genomics of Infectious Diseases, Ede.
“With the development, the total number of active cases in the State is now eight,” Isamotu disclosed.
The Commissioner also disclosed that the State had recorded another COVID-19 fatality, a patient in her late 60s at its isolation centre in Asubiaro, Osogbo.
“On a sad note, we lost a COVID-19 patient in her late 60s at our isolation centre in Osogbo. We pray God to grant her eternal rest and give her family the fortitude to bear the loss,” he said.
Isamotu urged frontline health workers to always use their Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when discharging their duties.
He also reiterated that only accredited isolation and treatment centres in the State are allowed to attend to suspected COVID-19 patients.
- COVID-19: Osun records another death, discharges index case, others
- Health Minister gives update on the Benue COVID-19 index case, says she has refused for NCDC to carry out another test on her (video)
- Osun Discharges 4 COVID-19 Patients, Records Another Death
- COVID-19: Osun records another death, discharges 12 patients from isolation
- COVID-19: Jigawa discharges four patients since record of index case
- Kebbi state discharges its index case of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Abia discharges index case
- UPDATED: COVID-19: Delta discharges index case, 4 others
- Yobe discharges COVID-19 index case
- Osun discharges four COVID-19 patients, records one new case