A COVID-19 patient has given birth in Oyo State.
The patient gave birth at the Infectious Disease Centre, Olodo, Ibadan, Oyo state capital.
Engineer Seyi Makinde, the state Governor made this declaration in a series of tweets on his Twitter handle on Saturday.
Makinde said, “We had our first COVID-19 patient delivery at the Infectious Disease Centre, Olodo. Mother and baby are doing well.”
According to the governor, who is also the head of COVID-19 taskforce in the state, the confirmation tests for nineteen suspected cases came back positive.
“The cases are from Ibadan South East (3), Ibadan North (3), Akinyele (3), Lagelu (2), Oluyole (2), Ibadan North West (2), Egbeda (1), Ido (1), Ona Ara (1) and Oyo East (1) Local Government Areas.
“So, the total number of confirmed cases in Oyo State today is 1451.”
He said that the state has lost another two patients in COVID-19 related cases.
This brings the total number of deaths in Oyo State is fourteen.
“Sadly, we had two COVID-19 related deaths. So, the total number of deaths in Oyo State is fourteen.
“Please call the Emergency Operations Centre on 08095394000 | 08095863000 | 08078288999 | 08078288800, if you have any COVID-19 symptoms: cough, fever, tiredness, body ache, loss of smell/taste and shortness of breath”.
- COVID-19 patient gives birth, as Oyo records 19 new cases
- Oyo COVID-19 Patient Gives Birth In Isolation Centre
- COVID-19 patient gives birth in Oyo
- 37-year-old COVID-19 Patient Gives Birth At LUTH
- COVID-19 patient gives birth in Ogun hospital
- COVID-19 patient gives birth in Ogun
- COVID-19 patient gives birth to baby boy in Lagos
- COVID-19 Patient Gives Birth In Lagos, 67 Others Recover
- Oyo records 3 new cases of coronavirus, discharges one patient
- Driver’s wife who gave birth to triplets twice, twins twice, gives birth to quadruplets