Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, on Thursday, said COVID-19 was claiming Nigeria’s and patriotic leaders.
Obasanjo regretted that resourceful citizens, who served the nation in various capacities including the late Rear Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu (rtd) had succumbed to the virus.
In a letter of condolence to Mrs. Gladys Ndubuisi Kanu, Obasanjo eulogized wife of the ex-military administrator of Imo and Lagos States.
The former Nigerian leader described the deceased as a dedicated officer, a gentleman and a real patriot.
He noted that Kanu’s inspiring career traversed soldiering, public administration, pro-democracy activism and business.
“It is noteworthy that in the course of his military service which straddled more than two decades, he acquitted himself as a dedicated officer, a gentleman and a real patriot.
“From the thick of the Nigerian Civil War where he commanded various regiments and corps, to the post-war re-organisation of the military, he distinguished himself as a seasoned military officer to which I could bear witness. Admiral Kanu was acknowledged as a disciplined, detribalised, transparent and humane public officer with an enviable track record.”
Similarly, Obasanjo said Bolu Akin-Olugbade, who also died of coronavirus complications, was a passionate citizen, who was always in defence of his roots and the country’s unity.
He remarked that the late businessman would be greatly missed by his community, Local Government, Ogun State and the nation.
“All Owu people have lost a great son,” Obasanjo remarked.
“Given Bolu’s pedigree, it is not surprising that the life of his brilliance as a lawyer began to show itself right from his days at the University of London, University of California (Los Angeles) and Cambridge University where he had his legal education.
“Ever resourceful and conducting himself with dignity and forthrightness, the late lawyer and business mogul acquired a well-deserved reputation for his deep knowledge in legal matters and business acumen. It is thus not surprising that he had the way of ingenious participation in several areas of the economy”, he added.
- ”Nothing Will Make My Family Serve Your Jesus Christ” – Female Priestess DeclaresIn Viral NewsJanuary 19, 2021A female priestess have come out to openly announce that his family will have nothing to do with the Christian GOD. As indicated by the data ...[Read more]
- iPhone theft sends 22-year old man to jailIn Local NewsJanuary 19, 2021A 45-year-old man, Moses Sanni has been sentenced to one year in prison for stealing armoured cable pipe belonging to the Obafemi Awolowo University ...[Read more]
- Uniformed military fingered in Manso Forest illegal mining; providing cover for ChineseIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 19, 2021A report filed by Erastus Asare Donkor of the Multimedia Group suggests that some armed Military men are guarding illegal Chinese Miners in the Manso ...[Read more]
- Fomena Road: Armed robbers shoot dead young Policeman escorting bullion van; steal cash, Ak 47In Ghana, NewsJanuary 19, 2021Information available to MyNewsGh.com indicates that some armed robbers have shot a Police Officers attached to a bullion van to death. The armed ...[Read more]
- Suspected yahoo boys eat live chicken as native doctor performs ritual (Watch)In Gossip, Viral NewsJanuary 19, 2021A disturbing video which is circulating on the internet shows some young men suspected to be cyber fraudsters (yahoo boys) munching aggressively on ...[Read more]
- #BestThing2021!!!!! Waje And Ric Hassani Share Loved Up SnapsIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021It looks like we have another musical wedding to attend as singer’s Waje and Ric Hassani announce their engagement in stunning loved up snap. The ...[Read more]
- Assassins call Ken Agyapong to give him date, time they’ll strike him downIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 19, 2021Member of Parliament(MP) for Assin Central Central Kennedy Agyapong has disclosed that some assailants have planned to get him killed on Thursday, ...[Read more]
- Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde reacts to allegations of extra marital affair with OshiomholeIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021Veteran Nigerian singer, Onyeka Onwenu has revealed that Music legend, Fela Anikulapo-Kuti approached her for marriage in the eighties. Onyeka ...[Read more]
- I’ve No interest in NPP Chairmanship – Kennedy Agyapong clarifiesIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 19, 2021Assin Central Member of Parliament(MP) Kennedy Agyapong has shot down media reports suggesting he interested in being the Chairman of the New ...[Read more]
- Osun man bags one year in prison for stealing cablesIn Local NewsJanuary 19, 2021A herb dealer, Rofiat Biliameen, has petitioned a Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan to dissolve her two and a half-year-old marriage to estranged ...[Read more]