The National Coordinator of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID19, Sani Aliyu, says the date for school resumption remains January 18 and will only change after a review by the Federal government.
Recall that on Monday, January 11, the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, said following the second wave of COVID19, the Federal Government would review the January 18 earlier date fixed for resumption of schools across Nigeria. Many interpreted this to mean the date for resumption has been shifted.
However, in an interview with TVC today January 12, Aliyu said the date for resumption has not been changed.
“As regards schools, I just want to make a clarification. What the minister said yesterday was that they were going to review, he didn’t say that they were going to change the date. He said they will review the situation and let the nation know.
So, for the moment, it is still 18th January until the ministry of education comes back either with an alternative date or reconfirm that.”he said
- I was detained in Ghana’s toughest prison – Bulldog opens up about incarcerationIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 16, 2021Artiste Manager Bulldog born Lawrence Nana Asiamah Hanso has disclosed that he was detained in one of the toughest cells in Ghana following his ...[Read more]
- Actress Salma Mumin adjudged ‘liar of the year’ and More awardeesIn Entertainment, Ghana, NewsJanuary 16, 2021Actress Salma Mumin was adjudged liar of the year at this year’s Something Wicked Awards organized by Accra-based Hitz FM. The actress we could ...[Read more]
- Resumption: NANS tells FG to approve COVID-19 support funds for Nigerian varsities, PolysIn COVID-19, Education, NewsJanuary 16, 2021As the federal government directs all schools in Nigeria to resume on January 18, the National Association of Nigerian Students(NANS), has called on ...[Read more]
- Shi’ite: IMN calls for Sheikh Zakzaky, wife’s unconditional release after four years of court’s judgementIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, IMN, under the auspices of Resource Forum of IMN, have called on the President Muhammadu Buhari-led ...[Read more]
- Why IPOB won’t work, recognize Obiozor as Ohanaeze President-General – Nnamdi KanuIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Best new novels of winter 2021: 9 must-reads for fiction loversIn LifestyleJanuary 16, 2021With the cold weather and worsening pandemic keeping us inside this winter, there’s no better escape than a good book. Here are nine I’m particularly ...[Read more]
- Insecurity: Only God can give us victory – Femi AdesinaIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Security operatives kill several bandits in Kaduna villageIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Buhari reacts to death of Abubaka, Sultan of Sokoto’s younger brotherIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021A former governorship aspirant in Lagos State, Babatunde Gbadamosi has narrated his experience with COVID-19. Gbadamosi tested positive for the virus ...[Read more]
- Man killed in hit-and-run crash in the Bronx, cops sayIn USAJanuary 16, 2021A man died following a hit-and-run crash in the Bronx early Saturday, police said. The NYPD said the victim, believed to be in his 60s or 70s, was ...[Read more]