President Buhari has appealed to Nigerian elites to criticize his administration fairly.
The Nigerian leader said this while receiving Reverend Yakubu Pam, the Executive Secretary of the Nigeria Christian Pilgrims Commission.
“Those criticising the administration should be fair in terms of reflecting on where we were before we came, where we are now and what resources are available to us and what we have done with the limited resources.
“We had to struggle paying debts, investing in road repairs and rebuilding, to revamp the rail and try to get power. This is what I hope the elite, when they want to criticise will use to compare notes.”
Commenting on the security situation especially in the Northeast, Buhari said;
“What was the situation when we came? Try and ask people from Borno or from Adamawa for that matter and Yobe. What was the condition before we came and what is the condition now? Still, there are problems in Borno and Yobe, there are occasional Boko Haram problems, but they know the difference because a lot of them moved out of their states and moved to Kaduna, Kano, and here (in Abuja). We were not spared of the attacks at a time. The government is doing its best and I hope that eventually, our best will be good enough.”
On the welfare of Internally Displaced Persons, the President said it is paramount to his administration.
“The people in IDP camps, the weak, aged, I feel sorry for the young because this is the time they are supposed to get an education. We must not allow this time to pass because it will never be regained. So we are really interested in what is happening there and we are doing our best.”
- VIDEO: Xandy Kamel Says She Doesn’t Trust Her Husband Fully – Anything Is Bound To HappenIn EntertainmentJanuary 28, 2021One of the famewhores hovering around the internet, Xandy Kamel, has revealed that she doesn’t trust her husband fully. According to Xandy Kamel in ...[Read more]
- When You Get Finacial Breakthrough, Sow Financially Into Your Broke Friends – Reno OmokriIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 28, 2021Previous articleBBNaija’s Erica Nlewedim Trademarks Her Nickname “Star Girl”...[Read more]
- Emmy award-winning actress, Cloris Leachman is deadIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 28, 2021The Federal High Court Ikoyi, Lagos State, on Wednesday, admitted more evidence against Azeez Fashola, popular musician also known as Naira Marley. ...[Read more]
- BBNaija’s Erica Nlewedim Trademarks Her Nickname “Star Girl”In Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 28, 2021Reality TV star Erica has announced that she has trademarked her nickname “Star Girl”. The TV star shared the exciting news on her social media page. ...[Read more]
- VIDEO: Tracey Boakye Actually Hired A Saxophonist To Play ‘Happy Birthday’ Song For Her As She Landed At KIA From TurkeyIn EntertainmentJanuary 28, 2021Tracey Boakye climaxing her 30th birthday celebration had to hire a Saxophonist to welcome her at the Kotoka International Airport with a rendition ...[Read more]
- Gov Okowa’s father dies at 89In NewsJanuary 28, 2021Delta state governor, Ifeanyi Okowa, is bereaved as he just lost his father, Sir Arthur Okowa. The governor’s father passed away in the early ...[Read more]
- “I don’t have a relationship with her, she’s just my boyfriend’s relative” – Vee speaks on her relationship with Venita (Video)In Celebrity NewsJanuary 28, 2021BBNaija star, Vee Iye has opened up on her relationship with former BBNaija housemate, Venita Akpofure, who is also her boyfriend, Neo‘s cousin ...[Read more]
- Bauchi Principal kidnapped alongside Bauchi Auditor-General’s son begs his family to sell his properties to raise N50 Million ransomIn NewsJanuary 28, 2021Iliyasu Suleiman, a 50-year-old school principal kidnapped in Bauchi State, has asked his wife to sell his house and other property to raise the N50 ...[Read more]
- PHOTO: Shatta Wale Asks Ghanaians When They’ll Stop Talking About His Big Enviable ‘D’In EntertainmentJanuary 28, 2021Shatta Wale has asked Ghanaians when they will stop talking about his big enviable ‘D’? He says whatever people see in his trousers anytime he ...[Read more]
- Medeama SC mutually part ways with midfielder Jasper NarteyIn Ghana, SportsJanuary 28, 2021Ghana Premier League club, Medeama SC, have mutually parted ways with midfielder, Jasper Nimo Nartey, after spending three years in Tarkwa. He joined ...[Read more]