CrossFit co-founder Lauren Jenai and fiancé Franklin Tyrone Tucker are going ahead with their wedding — even while Tucker’s under house arrest.
“We are eager to get married, and we don’t know when life is going to be normal again, so we decided that we were just going to go ahead and just do something special from home,” Jenai told Page Six. They’ll tie the knot June 26, and “we’ll keep it really special, pretty low-key, just our household members.” To officiate, “we’ll have a friend who can come in and stand 6 feet away.” The guest list “pretty much has to be household members,” since local rules dictate that “any group over 10 is illegal.”
They’ll have a close caterer pal and a baker friend deliver the wedding spread.
It’s just the latest chapter in a wild story in which Jenai — who reportedly sold her CrossFit shares for $20 million as part of her divorce from the brand’s co-founder and CEO, Greg Glassman, in 2013 — fights to free Tucker. A long-lost high school friend, he’s been incarcerated in Florida for two years awaiting trial in a case dubbed the “tree house murder.” As Jenai adamantly defended his innocence, romance blossomed, and they got engaged. In the fall, she got him out on a $2 million bond. Now he’s living in Jenai’s Oregon home.
“The sex is great,” she confided, though they’d never even kissed before his release. “The whole thing is, we spent so much time together on the phone and dealing with real situations … I didn’t have any concerns about him incorporating into our family. We’d bonded over some crazy experiences. [I’m] surprised at how natural the experience has been since he’s come home … There have been no surprises. We are a normal couple — we’ve gotten into some tiffs here and there — [but] at the end of the day, we love each other.”
Plus these days, “nobody’s listening to our phone calls, monitoring our videos.” They’re currently trying to appeal his house arrest, while Jenai runs her fitness brand Manifest.
- CrossFit co-founder Lauren Jenai marries Franklin Tyrone Tucker while he’s under house arrest
- FEED the need: Lauren Bush Lauren & Polo fight against child hunger
- Jennifer Lopez is not so sure she and fiance Alex Rodriguez should get married after cancelling their wedding in June due to COVID-19
- Serial entrepreneur, Toyin Lawani and fiancé, Segun Wealth set to get married this weekend as pre-wedding photos surface online
- ‘Summer House’: Lauren Wirkus Marries David Raih in an Intimate Ceremony
- “No Harry and Meghan private garden wedding took place” Vicar says after Meghan claimed she and Harry had a private wedding before Royal wedding
- Actor Alex Ekubo Announces Wedding Date, Fans Shocked Over Selected Date
- ‘It Is Better To Date A Man That Has 2 Cars And 1 House Than To Date A Multi-Millionaire Who’s Into Illegal Business” — Zubby Michael to Ladies (Video)
- “Kai Oya Let’s Set The Date” – Don Jazzy Sets To Go On A Date With Nazo Ekezie (Photo)
- Lauren and Cameron of ‘Love Is Blind’ love binge-watching this show