A dog that went missing after alerting her family about a looming tornado and saving their lives, have been found after about 54 days.
Eric Johnson was asleep March 3 when Bella, the family’s 6-year-old miniature Australian shepherd, woke him up. Johnson said he noticed Bella behaving extremely erratically, giving him a sense that “something just didn’t feel right.”
After turning on the TV, Johnson learned a tornado was headed toward their town of Cookeville. Nearly 45 minutes later, as the tornado neared their home, Johnson grabbed his wife and their children and hid them in a bathtub, CNN reports.
The father of three was looking for Bella when the tornado hit their house, tearing it into pieces and throwing Johnson into his backyard.
“Bella was hiding under our bed when the tornado hit our house,” Johnson told CNN. “She was thrown into our yard and survived and was missing after that. It was hard for us knowing she had survived but we couldn’t find her. She was the piece of our family that was missing.”
Just as they began to lose hope of finding her again, the family experienced another miracle. With the help of church friend Sarah Lang Romeyn, a dog tracker, Bella was found Sunday in an alley 4 miles from home.
- Dog went missing after saving family in a tornado – Found 54 days later
- Missing Connecticut dog found weeks later, miles away by kennel worker
- Boy who went missing at age 2, found 18 years later
- Nigerian man declared missing in Lagos found dead; See the suicide note he shared hours before he went missing
- Missing serval cat found safe after being spooked by family dog
- Photographer narrates how his brother who went missing for 3 days while serving, was allegedly found in SARS cell
- Lost dog bolts through Midtown Tunnel, found a week later
- Family jubilates as son who went missing at age 2 finally gets found at age 20 (photo)
- Family jubilates as son who went missing at age 2 finally gets found at age 20