What’s in a name? Plenty if you’re a famous rap mogul.
Dr. Dre’s estranged wife, Nicole Young, is suing the Beats impresario in California court, claiming that she co-owns the trademark to his name — as well as his landmark album, “The Chronic.” She further alleges in court papers that Dre “secretly” transferred the valuable trademarks to a holding company after, she claims, he kicked her out of their home earlier this year.
Young’s being repped in the case by LA power attorney Bryan J. Freedman, whose clients have included Gabrielle Union and Megyn Kelly in their disputes with NBC. In court documents, Nicole’s team alleges that Dre was, “caught secretly transferring valuable trademarks he owned with his wife … to a newly created asset holding company that he created and controlled after he expelled his wife from their home, and before he threatened to file divorce.”
The papers allege that, “Two days after the threat, Nicole had no choice and initiated divorce proceedings. Andre’s transparent and reprehensible scheme to transfer these assets away, without Nicole’s knowledge or consent, so he could retain more for himself in a divorce from his wife of 24 years, and the mother of his three children, is an epic failure and reveals the true nature of his character, or lack thereof.”
Page Six previously reported that Dre (born Andre Young) and Nicole are battling over a prenup, and that Nicole has asked for $2 million per month in spousal support after outlining the couple’s lavish lifestyle in court docs.
She now alleges in the latest suit that: “After Andre forced Nicole out of their family home on or about April 2, 2020, he quickly plotted to secretly transfer their assets, to deny Nicole her equal share.” And that, “These valuable Trademarks were filed during Andre’s years married to Nicole, which coincided with Andre’s years of rising success in the music industry. The Trademarks are presumed to be community property pursuant to California Family Code Section 760. Because they were married, Nicole and Andre owned the Trademarks jointly, from the date of their first filing in 1997, and through 2013, by virtue of being community property owners.”
The filing alleges that, “Andre now purports to own the Trademarks in full.”
Nicole’s team wants the trademarks to be put in a trust, and she’s suing for damages and legal fees. She previously also asked a court for $5 million in legal fees to fight her divorce case — indicating it will be an epically costly case.
Reps for Dre did not immediately comment. He is being repped in his divorce by celebrity power lawyer Laura Wasser.
New York Post
- Yul Edochie blast Desmond Elliot over viral video, See what he saidOctober 30, 2020Nollywood actor Yul Edochie has also responded to comments made by Desmond Elliot about the youth and the Lekki Toll Gate Massacre. Yul Edochie In a ...[Read more]
- Actress Kate Henshaw Reveals The Secret To Her Ageless BeautyOctober 29, 2020Actress Kate Henshaw has opened up to a fan who questioned about how she keeps up her body from developing old. Kate Henshaw is obviously one of the ...[Read more]
- Plice Arrests 11-Year-Old Boy Who Allegedly Attacked A Police Station, Declared Himself IGP (+Photo)October 29, 2020Reaching Newzandar News has it that an eleven-year-old kid has been allegedly caught by the Edo State Police Force following his association in an ...[Read more]
- Meet The Richest Sports Man In The World, His Net worthOctober 29, 2020There have been extraordinary men who have engaged us from a good ways. Others had the benefit to watch them play live at the stadia while others the ...[Read more]
- Desmond Elliot Breaks Down In Tears Following Backlash From Nigerians (+Video)October 29, 2020Lagos lawmaker and actor, Desmond Elliot has busted in tears after he was hauled to foulness by Nigerians over his remark on social media regulation. ...[Read more]
- The Top 10 Richest NFL Owners And Their Net WorthOctober 29, 2020The National Football League [NFL] is an expert American football association comprising of 32 groups. Without a doubt, proficient football is ...[Read more]
- Meet the hardworking Destiny Etiko, She has starred in over 200 movies in 6 yearsOctober 29, 2020Destiny Etiko, well known in the Nigerian movie industry, is not only known for her talent and beautiful curves but also a hardworking Nollywood ...[Read more]
- You disappointed the childhood memories you gave in movies, Davido blast Desmond Elliot over viral videoOctober 29, 2020Davido, a popular Nigerian musician and fiance of Chioma Avril Rowland, has voiced out on the viral video of Desmond Elliot, condemning the usage of ...[Read more]
- Former BBNaija Housemate Praise Says He Never Pass Up An Opportunity To Dance With A Beautiful LadyOctober 29, 2020Previous BBNaija housemate Praise have that noted for his exceptional moving aptitudes as he is a full-time artist and pacific dance hall master. In ...[Read more]
- Watch Moment Nigerian Soldiers Lead Calabar Curfew Violators In Singing Praises To GodOctober 29, 2020A video making trends online show a gathering of curfew violators in Calabar, Cross River being driven by a gathering of warriors in voicing out ...[Read more]