Zach Ertz’s simmering contract beef with the Eagles might be boiling over.
After the sides twice failed to come to a contract agreement, and the star tight end openly wondered whether Philadelphia even wants him around next season, Ertz and general manager Howie Roseman got into an argument after practice this week, according to the NFL Network.
“It was a “very heated discussion, one that was witnessed by several players,” according to the NFL Network, adding “this makes Zach Ertz’s future in Philly even more up in the air.”
Ertz’s reps had engaged the Eagles in extension talks twice: Last November, and then again last month after fellow star tight ends George Kittle of San Francisco and Travis Kelce of Kansas City both got new deals. And both times the sides failed to reach a deal and broke off talks.
Ertz – who caught the winning touchdown against the Patriots in the Super Bowl three seasons ago – is just 66 receptions from breaking the all-time Eagles record. He and wife Julie Ertz – a star on the US Women’s Soccer Team – have put down roots, and he has openly said he wants to be an Eagle for life.
He’s just not sure he’s wanted back.
“I don’t know if that feeling is mutual,” Ertz said Thursday, adding he will play this season “as if this is my last year.”
Ertz is under contract for two more seasons, but is treating it like this could be his Eagles swan song.
The 29-year-old Ertz has more receptions through the first seven seasons of his career (525) than any other tight end in league history.
Philadelphia – which opens the season Sunday against NFC East rival Washington – has young tight end Dallas Goedert on his rookie contract as a 2018 second-round pick.
New York Post
- Namibia auctioning off 170 ‘high value’ wild elephantsIn LifestyleDecember 6, 2020Who wants their very own elephant? The southwest African country of Namibia will be auctioning off 170 “high value” ...[Read more]
- Creepy characters sought in gunpoint robbery in NYCIn USADecember 6, 2020These were no trick-or-treaters. Cops are looking for help in identifying five creepy characters who pulled a gunpoint robbery in Brooklyn the ...[Read more]
- 3 Years After Flavour Adopted A Blind Boy, Check Out his New PhotosIn Celebrity NewsDecember 5, 2020Popular Nigerian artiste, Flavour, three years ago, showed love for a young blind boy called Semah G. Flavour adopted the young to be fathered by ...[Read more]
- NYC COVID-19 numbers still rising in ‘cluster zones,’ positive rate dips statewide: CuomoIn USADecember 5, 2020The statewide COVID-19 positivity rate has fallen slightly, but infection rates are still rising in Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Staten Island, ...[Read more]
- ‘Autonomous zone’ NYC bar is making big bucks on GoFundMeIn USADecember 5, 2020Staten Island’s self-proclaimed “Autonomous Zone” bar can’t legally open its doors to customers, but the joint is still managing to clean up. A ...[Read more]
- Queens man burned by dry ice on Air France flight: lawsuitIn USADecember 5, 2020That’s a knee-jerk reaction. A Queens man says he was seriously hurt after an airplane beverage cart smashed him in the knee, and an Air France ...[Read more]
- Alexandra Botez is taking the chess world by storm—live on TwitchIn LifestyleDecember 5, 2020Good chess players are master strategists and problem solvers. Alexandra Botez has one more unlikely skill in her arsenal: insults. “My dad is a ...[Read more]
- Democratic NYC mayoral candidate suggests housing homeless in Daily News officesIn USADecember 5, 2020One Democratic mayoral hopeful has a novel idea for easing the city’s homeless crisis — housing them in the vacated offices of the Daily News. ...[Read more]
- Meet Lindsay Ijeoma, The Lady With The Longest Natural Hair In NigeriaIn Nigeria NewsDecember 5, 2020Lindsay Ijeoma Chris is the woman who is believed to have the longest common hair in Nigeria so far. You will be marvelled at the length, thickness ...[Read more]
- Inside John Lennon’s last days in NYC before his 1980 deathIn LifestyleDecember 5, 2020John Lennon’s new Yohji Yamamoto jacket was gorgeous. So much so that he wanted to be photographed in his luxurious garment — with gold Asian ...[Read more]