IGP Mohammed Adamu
•False alarm, report to police — Gbemre
By Gab Ejuwa
President General of Edjohe Community, Mr Clement Ufuophu and community leader, Chief Vincent Sito, Ughelli South Local Government Area of Delta State have petitioned the Inspector General of Police over alleged threat to their lives by one Mr Zik Gbemre.
The duo in a petition by their counsel, P. Onota, addressed to the IGP, said that their fear became heightened by the open boast of Mr Zik Gbemre to use his reputed connection with the Delta State Police Command and the AIG Zone 5, to have them arrested, detained and hurriedly charge to court using allegation of pipeline vandalism and other charges not bailable at the magistrate court so that they can be remanded in prison custody.
According to them, to confirm their fear, the DPO Otu-Jeremi invited Messer Sito and Ufuophu to report to the station on allegation of pipeline vandalism made against them by Gbemre to the CP, who in turn directed the DPO in a text message to invite them over the said allegation.
They stated in the petition that the allegation made against them was frivolous, false, malicious and unsubstantiated, as Gbemre only came up with the allegation because Sito challenged him over his continuous unfounded criticisms of top government functionaries, adding “He is fond of making false allegation against whoever opposed him, so we are not surprised.”
When contacted, Mr Gbemre described the allegation of threat to the lives of Sito and Ufuophu as false, saying “I reported them to the Commissioner of Police over their involvement in pipeline vandalism in the area.
“They should report to the police to clear themselves of the allegation, instead of baseless allegation of threat to life. We will do everything possible to end pipeline vandalism in some communities in Ughelli South LGA.”
- NPFL: Sunshine Stars, Nassarawa United match ends abruptly as referees allege threat to life
- Family petitions Ogun govt, IGP, others over ‘threat to life’
- Family petitions Ogun govt, IGP, others over alleged threat to life
- Breaking: Southern leaders slam N50bn suit against Buhari, allege marginalization of region
- Taraba crisis: Military killing, raping our wives, daughters – Tiv leaders allege
- Ned Nwoko alleges threat to life, petitions IGP, DSS
- Luxury bus owners petition IGP, SGF over extortion on highways
- DSS grants Bayelsa News Blogger bail over allege publication of fake News on N7b Kogi Isolation centre
- Southern Kaduna: Lawmakers raise alarm over allege planned attack, reveal hideouts of attackers
- Aged women protest over allege forceful takeover of shops