A former Vice Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Peter Obi, has reacted to the alleged siege on Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike’s hotel by police in Edo State.
DAILY POST reported last night that the PDP claimed that the hotel where Governor Wike is lodging in Benin, the capital of Edo state, was surrounded by over 300 policemen.
The allegation was made by the party’s chairman in Rivers State, Akawor Desmond.
Wike is in the state to monitor the polls, as he was appointed Chairman of the PDP National Campaign Council for the Edo Governorship election, a position Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State holds for the All Progressives Congress (APC).
A thread posted on Wike’s Twitter page on Friday evening and credited to Desmond, said, “The Hotel where the Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike is lodging while on official assignment in Benin, Edo State has been held siege by over 300 Policemen…”
In his reaction to this, Obi, a former Governor of Anambra State, said, “In the spirit of equity and fairness, Gov Wike and @OfficialPDPNig leaders on party assignment should be given equal opportunities as those of the APC.
“Restricting them while Govs Ganduje, Uzodinma, and others are given unimpeded access is a negation of democracy and a caricature of the fairness promised by the APC govt.”
The battle of who emerges the next Governor of Edo State is clearly between incumbent Governor, Godwin Obaseki of the PDP and the All Progressives Congress, APC candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu.
Daily Post Nigeria
- EndSARS: Let’s Continue To Spread Awareness – DJ CuppyOctober 26, 2020DJ Cuppy has taken to online media to encourage Nigerians to proceed with the protest against SARS and police brutality in the nation. As per her, ...[Read more]
- #EndSARS: Famous Nigerian comedian AY Blasts Those Asking Why No Celebrity Died During ProtestsOctober 26, 2020Famous Nigerian comedian, Ayo Makun better known as AY, has gone hard on individuals inquiring as to why no big name died during #EndSARS fights held ...[Read more]
- Nigerian Man Reveals How An Iron protector Saved His Shop From Being Looted In Imo State (+Photos)October 26, 2020A Nigerian businessman, Chima Smart Nwaneri, has taken to Twitter to uncover how an iron defender kept his shop from being burglarized in Owerri, Imo ...[Read more]
- Popular Nigerian Cross-dresser, Bobrisky Reveals Two Things He Can Never DoOctober 26, 2020Nigerian cross-dresser, Okuneye Idris better realized as Bobrisky has uncovered two things he can never be seen doing. He made this disclosure in ...[Read more]
- Chief of Army Staff Responds To Travel Ban calls By International BodiesOctober 26, 2020Tukur Buratai, Chief of Army Staff, has responded to calls by International bodies requiring a movement boycott to be put on some military officials ...[Read more]
- All the hoodlums who are taking advantage of this season, shall not go unpunished-Bishop Oyedepo warns hoodlumsOctober 26, 2020The General Overseer of Winners Chapel International, David Oyedepo, has declared that the hoodlums who took advantage of the ENDSARS impasse to loot ...[Read more]
- See Davido’s reaction to the To Newly Discovered Camera At Lekki Toll GateOctober 26, 2020Davido, the fiance of Chioma Avril Rowlan, has disclosed how surprised and shocked he feels about the Lekki Toll Gate discovery. Amid an inspection ...[Read more]
- BBNaija Laycon to feature Neo in his new musical videoOctober 26, 2020BBNaija star Laycon has tightened the bond between him and Neo as he featured him in his upcoming music video. Laycon In a picture circulating on ...[Read more]
- This few weeks have been though on me, Laycon appreciates fans for their supportOctober 26, 2020Big Brother Naija winner, Laycon has appreciated his fans for showing him love and support over the past few weeks. He said also that the week was ...[Read more]
- David Oyedepo Says Hoodlums Destroying Properties Will Not Go UnpunishedOctober 26, 2020Directing Bishop of the Living Faith Church, David Oyedepo has said hoodlums plundering, decimating and consuming properties in Nigeria will not go ...[Read more]