The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has said the delay in the receipt of collated results of the governorship election from local government areas in Edo is responsible for the delay of collation at the State level.
INEC National Commissioner, May Agbamuche-Mbu, on Sunday in Benin, made this known while speaking to newsmen and party agents at the State collation centre, INEC headquarters, Benin.
Agbamuche-Mbu said that the commission is still expecting results from the 18 local government areas of the State.
She said: “This is to inform everyone that INEC is still waiting for results from the local government areas.
“I am sorry we all have to wait before we start collation. “
According to her, just one local government has arrived in the centre, Newzandar News reports.
She added that the commission would wait until at least, when results from seven local government areas arrive in the centre before they start collation.
“We do not want anybody to cast aspersions on us. So, the commission is going to wait,” Agbamuche-Mbu added.
- Edo decides: Live Results from INEC Collation centre in Benin
- Edo decides: Soldiers have taken over Owan West collation centre – PDP cries out
- Edo Decides 2023 results: INEC to announce Obaseki as winner
- Edo decides: Be Vigilant – Peter Obi warns residents as INEC announces results from polling units
- VIDEO: After 10 Years Of Hosting Delay Show, Delay Cannot Boast Of A Simple Studio – Adu Safowaah Sh*ts On Delay
- Governor Seyi Makinde Gives Reason For Delay In COVID-19 Test Results
- Re-collation of Techiman South results condition for NDC to attend inauguration – Haruna
- BOMBSHELL: NDC blew GHc1.7million on 2023 Collation with no results to show