A Professor and former Head of the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Ambrose Ale University (AAU) Ekpoma, has been reportedly kidnapped by unidentified gunmen.
Reports have it that Prof. Osadolor Odia was heading to his farm at Egoro, Ekpoma, in Esan West Local Government Area of Edo when he was cornered by the assailants.
A relative of the kidnap victim anonymously told reporters that the kidnappers had already made contact with the family asking for a ransom of N18 million.
He said, “I can confirm that Odia was kidnapped today on his way to the farm and a ransom of N18 million was demanded by the kidnappers.”
Confirming the incident when contacted, the Public Relations Officer of the university, Edward Aihevba, said he is yet to receive details of the incident, adding that he also received the news of the abduction as general information.
Also, Spokesman of the Police Command in Edo, Kontongs Bello, said he was not aware of the incident but promised to contact the Divisional Police Office in charge of Ekpoma.
Audi advised security agencies against what he called service supremacy and rivalry which he says will be a challenge to the collaboration needed to win the war against bandits.
Credit: News – Gistlover
- Ambrose Alli varsity boosts Edo govt’s response with 5,000 reusable masks
- Gunmen Kidnap Ambrose Alli University Lecturer, Request N18m Ransom
- ASUU Accuses Ambrose Ali University Of Harassing Members
- Gunmen kidnap Abia Varsity students, other travellers in Imo
- BREAKING: Gunmen attack private varsity in Kaduna, kidnap scores
- Ambrose Alli inducted into Hall of Edo Pride
- BREAKING: Gunmen kidnap UNIJOS female professor, husband
- Deborah Tushima: Gov Ortom consoles Benue varsity professor over daughter’s death
- UK Varsity Appoints Nigerian Professor As Vice Chancellor
- Court remand student over alleged killing of Benue varsity professor