The Police on Wednesday arraigned Owede Bruno, the owner of Club Victoria in Lagos.
He appeared before an Ebute Meta Chief Magistrates’ Court for flouting COVID-19 rules.
The defendant faces a four-count charge bordering on harmful act and disobedience, disobeying government order concerning COVID-19 and conduct likely to cause breach of the peace.
Bruno, 42, pleaded “not guilty” when the charges were read to him.
The Prosecutor, DSP A. A. Adegoke, told the court that the defendant committed the offences on January 9.
Adegoke alleged that Bruno flouted COVID-19 rules by organising night Disco, where a large number of people were in attendance.
The police officer said the crowd did not maintain social distancing and were without their face masks.
The offences contravened Sections 123, 166, 168 and 411 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs O.G. Oghre, granted the defendant bail in the sum of N2 million with two sureties in like sum.
They must be gainfully employed and show proof of tax payment to the state government for the last three years.
One of them must be Bruno’s blood relation, and have landed property within the court’s jurisdiction.
The defendant must take a COVID-19 test and present before the court within seven days.
Oghre adjourned the case until March 16 for mention.
- Ganiyat Sadiq Is The Hijabi Princess Who Is All About Beauty And FashionIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 28, 2021It’s another Thursday in the exciting world of KOKOstyle and we are super excited to profile another amazing modest fashionista who is serving ...[Read more]
- Police arrests man for allegedly defiling 2-year-old babyIn Local NewsJanuary 28, 2021The Advocacy for Alleged Witches (AfAW) has welcomed the arrest of a controversial Anambra pastor, Onyebuchi Okocha, A. K. A. Onyeze Jesus. The ...[Read more]
- ‘Witches’ group commends police, Anambra govt for arresting Prophet Onyeze JesusIn Local NewsJanuary 28, 2021The Advocacy for Alleged Witches (AfAW) has welcomed the arrest of a controversial Anambra pastor, Onyebuchi Okocha, A. K. A. Onyeze Jesus. The ...[Read more]
- VIDEO: Wendy Shay Reveals She Has 15 Piercings And That She’ll Add MoreIn EntertainmentJanuary 28, 2021Rufftown Records’ signee, Wendy Shay, has revealed that she has 15 piercings and that there are more to come. According to Wendy Shay, she even had ...[Read more]
- Pfizer-BioNTech Says Its COVID-19 Vaccine Is Effective Against UK And South-Africa VariantIn Celebrity News, coronavirus, COVID-19, Nigeria NewsJanuary 28, 2021Pfizer and BioNTech has said that its COVID-19 vaccines are effective against the variants that have emerged in the United Kingdom and South Africa. ...[Read more]
- 63-year-old man allegedly defiles 2-year-old girl in BeninIn NewsJanuary 28, 2021The Edo state police command has arrested a 63-year-old man identified as Sunday Igbinokhuaihe for allegedly defiling a two-year-old girl. The ...[Read more]
- Legendary Beatmaker, Hammer, Supports Shatta Wale’s Assertion That Mark Okraku Mantey Can’t Serve Creative Arts Industry As MinisterIn EntertainmentJanuary 28, 2021Legendary beatmaker and Record Producer, Edward Nana Poku Osei popularly known as Hammer is in full support of Shatta Wale‘s assertion that Mark ...[Read more]
- DJ Cuppy hints on why she’s yet to collaborate with WizkidIn Entertainment, GossipJanuary 28, 2021Popular Nigerian disc jockey, DJ Cuppy, real name Florence Ifeoluwa Otedola has given a hint to fans on why there’s yet to be a collaboration between ...[Read more]
- 25 suspected cultists arrested during initiation ceremony in OgunIn NewsJanuary 28, 2021Ogun State Police Command has arrested 25 suspected members of the Buccaneer cult group during an initiation ceremony in Abeokuta. The suspects ...[Read more]
- Police officers arrested for allegedly assaulting 5 Nigerians in OrluIn Local NewsJanuary 28, 2021The Commissioner of Police in Imo State, Mr Nasiru Mohammed, has confirmed that some officers of the state command have been arrested for allegedly ...[Read more]