Police in Ejura have arrested a suspect who shot and killed a 45-year-old man at Hiawoanwu in Ejura/Sekyedumase Municipality of the Ashanti region, after 2 Fulani herdsmen were lynched over the murder, MyNewsGh.com has confirmed.
The suspect, Mahamuru Ghana, attacked the victim at his farm last week and shot him in the stomach and head, killing him instantly before fleeing into the bush
The victim was with his 9-year-old son when the attacker ambushed them on their way from the farm but he however did not harm the little boy after killing his father.
The killing of the victim had triggered a reprisal attack on Fulani herdsmen in the area who it was earlier wrongly announced were responsible for the killing.
The angry villagers invaded the Fulani camps and killed at least two Fulanis and destroyed their properties before the news followed later that the Fulanis were innocent and had no hand in the incident.
According to the little boy, the suspect emerged from the bush and shot his father after a short exchange.
“He shot him and asked me if I knew him”, according to the boy. “But I told him I don’t know. He told me to run and said if I got home I should say my father was killed by one Burger (from Yeji)”. The little boy is reported to have said
The suspect subsequently fled to his hometown in Tolon in the Northern region but was arrested with the assistant of the chief and people of Tolon after the information about his crime and his photos where sent out through WhatsApp message
He was brought back to Ejura and currently in custody in the police station. According to the police who confirmed his arrest to MyNewsGh.com, he has confessed to the crime and would be arraigned before court.
- Idea of ‘vaccine passports’ shot down by WHOIn LifestyleFebruary 25, 2021No need to pull your suitcase and neck pillow from storage just yet. In light of hype and rumor surrounding the so-called “vaccine passport,” the ...[Read more]
- Students call remote learning ‘boring’ and ‘weird’ during de Blasio school visitIn USAFebruary 25, 2021The reviews are in: remote learning is “boring.” And it’s also “weird,” students told Mayor Bill de Blasio and Department of Education Chancellor ...[Read more]
- Arizona woman returns 1950s Purple Heart to man’s family after finding it at thrift storeIn LifestyleFebruary 25, 2021A family has been reunited with their father’s Purple Heart more than three decades after he died, thanks to a bit of sleuthing. ...[Read more]
- NYC hospitals were unprepared for last spring’s COVID-19 surge, report findsIn USAFebruary 25, 2021New York City’s hospitals were woefully unprepared for last year’s nightmare surge in COVID-19 patients due to a lack of planning from the city, the ...[Read more]
- NYC has extra COVID-19 vaccine supply this weekIn USAFebruary 25, 2021New York City has a surplus of COVID-19 vaccines this week after delayed shipments finally arrived — so it’s ramping up hours and doubling the number ...[Read more]
- “Waiting to have money before marrying is a flimsy excuse” – Laura Ikeji tells men (Video)In Celebrity NewsFebruary 25, 2021Serial entrepreneur, Laura Ikeji has advised Nigerian men to go ahead and marry when they find a woman they love even if they are broke. She made ...[Read more]
- House poised to vote on legal safeguards for LGBTQ peopleIn LifestyleFebruary 25, 2021WASHINGTON — The Democratic-led House is poised to pass a bill that would enshrine LGBTQ protections in the nation’s labor and civil rights laws, a ...[Read more]
- Mona Gucci Eats Her Vomit Back – Says She Won’t Release Nana Ama Mcbrown’s SecretsIn EntertainmentFebruary 25, 2021To all those who are waiting for Mona Gucci to drop deep secrets of Nana Ama Mcbrown on Friday on Kantanka TV, she says you all should sit your a*ses ...[Read more]
- My dad used to work at a fast-food restaurant in US before he became wealthy – Davido reveals (Video)In NewsFebruary 25, 2021Nigerian singer, Davido has revealed his billionaire father, Adedeji Adeleke, worked as a manager at Burger King, a fast-food restaurant in the US ...[Read more]
- NY AG Letitia James mulling request for probe of Gov. Cuomo over sex harass claimIn USAFebruary 25, 2021New York Attorney General Letitia James is mulling a request to launch an independent probe of sexual harassment claims leveled against Gov. Andrew ...[Read more]