Despite the Federal Government’s decision to review schools reopening on January 18 the Bauchi State government on Tuesday insisted schools in the state will reopen for the first term of the 2020/2021 academic session next Monday.
The Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, had on Monday revealed at the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 briefing that the Federal Government was reviewing the Monday, 18th January school resumption date earlier scheduled.
However, reacting to this in a statement made available to DAILY POST on Tuesday, Bauchi State Commissioner for Education, Dr. Aliyu Tilde, said all schools in the state would reopen on Monday, 18th January irrespective of any review made by the Federal Government.
The state government’s insistence on the date, according to Tilde, was due to the fact that no single COVID-19 case had been reported in any schools in the state so far.
He noted that any attempt to change the 2020/2021 session’s resumption date due to the fear of the COVID-19 pandemic would lead to the mutilation of the session as witnessed in the 2019/2020 session.
“To date, not a single case of COVID-19 infection is reported in our schools. Therefore, regardless of any review that may take place in some quarters, Bauchi State Ministry of Education is determined to reopen schools in the state on January 18th, unfailingly, as earlier decided by the State Executive Council.
“The 2020/2021 school calendar starts that day. Unless we stand resolute on our school plan for the year, the session will be mutilated by the fear of COVID-19 as was 2019/2020,” Tilde stated.
In view of the state government’s decision to go ahead with schools resumption date, the commissioner called on parents, teachers, students and other stakeholders to prepare for the resumption.
While assuring that Bauchi State would avoid COVID-19 by using its familiar protocol of face masks, social distance, sanitation and testing in schools, Dr Tilde submitted that schools would not be closed “except under a resoundingly imminent emergency.”
- Lawmakers ask Ministry of Health to stop its plans to use N10 billion in production of COVID19 vaccinesIn NewsJanuary 27, 2021The National Assembly Joint Committee on Health has asked the Ministry of Health to suspend further actions on plans to utilize the N10 billion ...[Read more]
- Petition challenging our client’s dead-on-arrival – Lawyers for Assin North MPIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Lawyers for Assin North Member of Parliament(mp) James Gyakye Quayson are asking the Cape Coast High Court in the Central Region to dismiss the ...[Read more]
- EPL: Arteta gives injury updates on Partey, Smith Rowe ahead of Man Utd clashIn EPL, SportsJanuary 27, 2021Odion Ighalo, on Tuesday, paid tribute to Manchester United with a farewell letter. The Nigerian striker thanked Man United management and fans ...[Read more]
- The north became NDC when Adu Boahen said give them kerosene not electricity – John Tia recalls ’92 insultsIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Former Information Minister John Tia has revealed why people in the Northern part of Ghana always vote for the National Democratic Congress (NDC). ...[Read more]
- “Richest ashewo” – Bobrisky says while flaunting jewelry worth N12.4MIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 27, 2021The most talked-about male barbie in Nigeria, Bobrisky has flaunted the worth of jewelry he wore to a date worth over N12.4m. In a recent video on ...[Read more]
- Tinubu gave me N2m to fuel my car in 2009 – Yoruba activist, Sunday IgbohoIn NewsJanuary 27, 2021Popular Yoruba activist, Sunday Igboho has disclosed that he met with former Governor of Lagos state and national leader of the All Progressives ...[Read more]
- Why Ewe traditional rulers boycotted Rawlings’ funeral explained, his wife Konadu fingeredIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Former National Women of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) Anita Desoso says the Ewe Chiefs and family of the late former President of Ghana ...[Read more]
- Rawlings’ revolution was Ghana’s gateway to real development – Former MinisterIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Former Information Minister and former Member of Parliament(MP) for the Talensi Constituency in the Upper East Region, John Tia says Rawlings’ ...[Read more]
- Supreme court not a theatre for dramatic English without legal merit – Akufo-Addo’s lawyer to Mahama’s lawyerIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Member of the legal team for the second respondent in the election 2020 petition Frank Davies has chided his colleagues, Lawyers for the petitioners ...[Read more]
- Ibrahimovic apologizes for red card after clash with LukakuIn SportsJanuary 27, 2021Everton boss, Carlo Ancelotti, has said that Frank Lampard did well as Chelsea manager during his time at the West London club. Ancelotti, who was ...[Read more]