The wife of notorious Mexican drug trafficker Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman Loera has been on drug trafficking charges.
Emma Coronel Aispuro, 31, was taken into custody on Monday, February 22, at Dulles International Airport. She is scheduled to make her appearance in federal court soon in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia via video conference.
Aispuro is charged in a one count criminal complaint with a conspiracy to distribute one kilogram or more of heroin, five kilograms or more of cocaine, 1,000 kilograms or more of marijuana, and 500 grams or more of methamphetamines for unlawful importation into the U.S., the Department of Justice said in a news release.
She also allegedly helped Guzman Loera escape from a Mexican prison in 2015, the department said.
After Guzman was re-arrested in Mexico in January 2016, she was also said to have engaged in planning yet another prison escape, before he was eventually extradited to the U.S. in January 2017.
Mike Vigil, a former DEA agent who worked undercover in Mexico, told DailyMail.com that Coronel was ‘a narco princess’ deeply enmeshed in the world of trafficking.
‘She was not a distributor, or a money launderer, or involved in logistics,’ said Vigil. ‘But she did things he ordered he to, like passing messages.
‘So did she participate? Yes.
‘But these charges are related to things that she did in the past. It’s not like she’s branching out on her own.’
Guzman Loera was convicted in 2019 on 10 charges of engaging in a continual criminal enterprise and multiple counts of distributing tons of cocaine into the United States. He was sentenced to life in prison plus 30 years.
- Man dragged for demanding respect from new intern who referred his boss by nameIn Viral NewsMarch 1, 2021A Twitter user has been dragged to filth for cautioning a new intern who referred to his boss by name on the first day on the job. According to a ...[Read more]
- ‘They’ can use the vaccine to ‘eliminate’ you -ASEPA advises Speaker BagbinIn Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021The Alliance for Social Equity and Public Accountability (ASEPA) Executive Director Mensah Thompson has suggested to Speaker of Parliament Alban ...[Read more]
- Appointment of Agric Minister designate Afriyie Akoto blocked for exhibiting arroganceIn Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021Reports from some section of the media indicates that the Appointments Committee have blocked the appointment of some Minister-designates. Among the ...[Read more]
- Mother charged with murder of her five childrenIn Local NewsMarch 1, 2021The wife of a pastor in the Adamawa State capital, Yola, has dragged her husband to court over allegations of sleeping with women right inside his ...[Read more]
- Gloves not needed in vaccination – NDC’s Omane Boamah defends public nurses against criticsIn Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021Former Communications Minister Dr. Omane Boamah has jumped to the defense of health officials who injected the President, his Vice, and their ...[Read more]
- Walk Into The Month Flexing And Pressing Necks In These Gorgeous Aso Ebi StylesIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentMarch 1, 2021Welcome to the month of March our amazing and fabulous KOKOnstas we hope you are excited to take on the new month and the opportunities that it comes ...[Read more]
- Check Out These 7 Gorgeous Ankara Puff Sleeve StylesIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentMarch 1, 2021Step out into your greatness and make a statement with any of the gorgeous Ankara Puff sleeve styles in these articles. Leave anybody and everybody ...[Read more]
- “I will be a Billionaire before 40” – OAP, Toke MakinwaIn Celebrity NewsMarch 1, 2021On-air personality, Toke Makinwa in a recent tweet has asserted that she must attain billionaire status before she turns 40. Toke Makinwa, with much ...[Read more]
- Upper West Side hoarder turns street into ‘disgusting’ junkyard, residents sayIn USAMarch 1, 2021Chairs, bedspreads, books and other mounds of trash have been piling up — without intervention from the city — for months near 77th ...[Read more]
- Ex-Kebbi Senator, Umaru Tafidan Argungu arraigned for N419m alleged fraud in SokotoÂ In NewsMarch 1, 2021Umaru Tafidan Argungu, a former Nigerian senator has been arraigned for N419m alleged fraud in Sokoto.The 61-year-old was arraigned on Monday, March ...[Read more]