Elon Musk’s position as the wealthiest person in the world was short-lived after his fortune fell by nearly $14 billion in one day.
The Tesla billionaire is now the second-richest person in the world.
Shares of his electric-vehicle maker, Tesla, fell by nearly 8% on Monday, Jan 11.This pushed Musk’s fortune down to US$176.2 billion.
After briefly overtaking Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos as the world’s richest person last Friday, Jan 8, Musk has again fallen to second spot, according to Forbes’ estimates.
He is now about $6 billion behind Bezos, who has a net worth of $182.1 billion.
- “Real Men Don’t Shave Their Armpits” – Music Executive, TeebillzIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 21, 2021Nigerian music executive and singer, Tiwa Savage’s ex-husband, Teebillz has said that real men don’t shave their armpits. This is coming after he ...[Read more]
- Why North won’t be silent over Buhari’s poor handling of insecurity – BafarawaIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021Olusegun Bamgbose, National Coordinator, Concerned Advocates for Good Governance, CAGG, has noted that ex-President Donald Trump may be President Joe ...[Read more]
- Provisions already made to address inability to pay academic fees – Mahama Ayariga schooledIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 21, 2021Former Minister of State for Tertiary Education Prof Kwesi Yankah has addressed Mahama Ayariga’s proposition legislation that will suspend academic ...[Read more]
- Tailor who started out in her room gives thanks after opening her own store (Photos)In Gossip, Viral NewsJanuary 21, 2021A Nigerian tailor has served as a source of motivation to many after she shared the impressive upgrade she underwent in her trade as a result of hard ...[Read more]
- Liverpool vs Burnley: Michael Owen predicts EPL clashIn SportsJanuary 21, 2021Tottenham boss, Jose Mourinho, has finally ruled out any possibility of bringing Real Madrid centre-back, Eder Militao to Spurs this January transfer ...[Read more]
- EPL: Mourinho takes decision on bringing Real Madrid centre-back to TottenhamIn SportsJanuary 21, 2021Tottenham boss, Jose Mourinho, has finally ruled out any possibility of bringing Real Madrid centre-back, Eder Militao to Spurs this January transfer ...[Read more]
- NYC subway perv arrested again, accused of masturbating on trainIn USAJanuary 21, 2021A subway perv who allegedly masturbated in front of a woman aboard a Queens train was arrested last week, police announced Wednesday. Fnu ...[Read more]
- Insecurity: Bandits, kidnappers, Cultists and others are the enemies, not Hausa-Fulanis – Gov Seyi MakindeIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021As Oyo state grapples with incidents of kidnapping and banditry, the Oyo state government has dismissed claims that the Hausa-Fulani herdsmen are the ...[Read more]
- Kenny Ashaka, The Sun ex-editor passes on days after wife’s deathIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021Olusegun Bamgbose, National Coordinator, Concerned Advocates for Good Governance, CAGG, has noted that ex-President Donald Trump may be President Joe ...[Read more]
- Man killed by hit and run driver in Anambra (graphic)In NewsJanuary 21, 2021An unidentified driver killed a yet to be identified man along Ihiala Owerri road at about 5pm on Wednesday, January 20. According to ...[Read more]