Armed bandits in a raid last night (Saturday) abducted the Emir of Kajuru and 13 members of his family.
A cabinet member of the Emir confirmed the incident to newsmen.
Recall that bandits have in the recent time, in Kaduna and its environs, intensified their illicit activities by killing and kidnapping innocent people for ransom in the State.
The 2nd class Emir, about 85 years old was kidnapped with three women, two of his grandchildren, three of his aides and five others to an unknown destination.
According to the source, “Just a day before the incident, the Emir summoned a security meeting about a potential ploy to kidnap him but, unfortunately, the security agents didn’t act on it.”
The Kajuru Emirate is about 40 minutes’ drive to Kaduna town.
- Bandits Demand 200 Million To Release Emir Of Kajuru
- Bandits Apologize For Kidnapping Emir Of Kajuru
- FULL LIST: Identities of Kaduna Emir, 13 Family Members, Relations Abducted By Bandits
- Ibrahim Zailani Speaks On Kajuru Emir’s Abduction
- Names of Abducted Teachers Disclosed As Kaduna Resident Narrates How Bandits Abducted Pupils
- Kajuru attack: Shehu Sani reacts as bandits kill villagers in Kaduna
- Kaduna: Bandits kill four in Igabi, Kajuru communities
- Kaduna: Bandits kill 14 persons in Birnin Gwari, five in Kajuru LGAs
- Kaduna: Bandits repelled at Kikwari village in Kajuru
- Kaduna: Armed bandits injure two in Kajuru