A member of the Youth Assembly of Nigeria (YAN) AMB. Timilehin Popoola representing Osun State has condemned the death of a 21-year-old apprentice, Idris Ajibola, during a hot chase by security operatives in Osun State.
He expressed dissatisfaction over the rampant alleged misbehaviour of Special Anti Robbery Squared (SARS).
The Youth Assembly of Nigeria called on the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu to scrap the SARS section of the force saying it is doing more harm than good to the public especially on the youths who are the future of the country.
Youth Assembly of Nigeria (YAN) is the apex youth decision-making body for the enhancement of peace and youth development in Nigeria.
DAILY POST recalls that men of the Joint Task Force in Osogbo on Tuesday allegedly chased an apprentice, Idris, to the point of death in a horrible motor accident.
The youth assembly declared that the boorish attitude of men of SARS of the Nigeria Police towards youths needs to stop, affirming that it is threatening the right of Nigerian Youths even as a citizen.
Timilehin condemned the occurrence which led to the ghastly accident that killed Idris.
He said, “The Youth Assembly of Nigeria is using this medium to condemn the killing of fellow Nigeria Youths and calling on Inspector General of Police Mohammed Adamu to scrap the SARS section of the force because it is doing more harm to the public than good especially on the youths who are the future of the country.
“Chapter IV Section 33 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria says: Every person has a right to life and no one shall be deprived intentionally of his life…; Section 34(1) says every individual is entitled to respect for the dignity of his person accordingly. No person shall be subject to torture or inhuman or degrading treatment; No person shall be held slavery or servitude and; No person shall be required to perform forced or compulsory labour.
“On this note since the department has violated all these fundamental human rights the concerned SARS officers must be brought to book.
“The youth Assembly of Nigeria hereby calls on our fellow youths and the bereaved family to calm down, not treading on the path of violence and not taking justice into their hands as we await the investigation report of the Nigeria Police,” he concluded.
- Comedienne Taaooma And Her Fiancé, Abula, Serve Couple Goals In New VideoIn Celebrity NewsDecember 1, 2020Popular Instagram comedienne, Apaokagi Adedoyin Maryam, better known as Taaooma and her fiancé, Abula have shown their fans and followers how couple ...[Read more]
- Linda Ikeji Displays The Expensive Interior Of Her 2020 Range Rover Autobiography 3 Months After Her 40th BirthdayIn Celebrity NewsDecember 1, 2020On her birthday, Linda Ikeji announced that she will be surprising herself with a Range Rover Autobiography (The Long Wheel Edition). She celebrated ...[Read more]
- Famous BBNaija Stars Who Are Related (+ Housemates Related To Celebrities)In BBNaija, Celebrity NewsDecember 1, 2020Big Brother Nigeria is a reality show where about 20 or fewer contestants compete for a large cash prize and other souvenirs in an isolated house. ...[Read more]
- “Mumu! How Many People You Help?” – Fan Turns The Heat On Regina Daniels After Her Post About KindnessIn Celebrity NewsDecember 1, 2020Regina Daniels has faced the wrath of some fans after her post which urged people to be more charitable. As it mostly happens, celebrities tend to ...[Read more]
- Six Corps Members Reportedly Test Positive For Coronavirus In AbiaIn Celebrity NewsDecember 1, 2020The novel coronavirus is still with us as efforts are underway to get an effective vaccine for the virus continues. – Advertisement – In ...[Read more]
- Linda Ikeji Flaunts Her New Purchased 2020 Range Rover Worth Over N57 Million (Photos/Videos)In Celebrity NewsDecember 1, 2020Africa’s content queen, Linda Ikeji has taken to social media to show that indeed she loves to spend money unapologetically as she proudly flaunts ...[Read more]
- “Reduce Your Potbelly If You Don’t Have Money, We’re Tired Of Respecting The Wrong People” – Singer Jaywon Cries OutIn Celebrity NewsDecember 1, 2020Popular Nigerian singer, Iledare Olajuwonlo, professionally known in the showbiz industry as, Jaywon, has sarcastically pleaded with individuals ...[Read more]
- NYU unfairly suspended student for breaking COVID-19 rules: suitIn USADecember 1, 2020An NYU student says she was unfairly suspended after getting stuck on a boat ride where others weren’t following coronavirus rules, according to new ...[Read more]
- New HIV cases in NYC down 70% from 2001 numbersIn USADecember 1, 2020The number of people diagnosed with HIV in New York City last year was 70 percent lower than in 2001, officials said Tuesday. There were 1,772 people ...[Read more]
- Nurses at New Rochelle hospital strike amid COVID-19 surgeIn USADecember 1, 2020Hundreds of nurses at a Westchester County hospital went on strike Tuesday — accusing their health-care system of underpaying them and creating ...[Read more]