The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Udi/Agbudu Ward, Udi Local Government Area of Enugu State, on Sunday said suspension claims against Mr. Flavour Eze, personal assistant to the foreign affairs minister, Mr. Goeffrey Onyema, should be disregarded.
DAILY POST reports that some members of the Party in Udi Local Government Area had claimed that Eze had been suspended.
But the Ward Chairman, Mr Petrus Chime, while briefing newsmen, said Eze remained a bonafide member of the party.
Chime said that the news of the purported suspension came to the party members in Udi/Agbudu Ward where Eze belongs to as a shock.
He said that the position of the APC constitution on issues of suspension and discipline of party members was clear, noting that the process of suspending a party member starts at the ward level and not the local government level.
“The process of suspension of a party member starts from the ward level. Eze is still our member in regular standing,” he said.
He described those that pronounced the suspension of Eze as a pressure group seeking for relevance in the party.
Chime urged members of the party to discountenance the purported suspension.
Also, the APC chairman in Abor Ward, Mr Chinedum Ukwu’, said that Igwe, the chairman of the party in Udi Local Government Area was suspended by his ward.
Ukwu, however, said that the suspension was awaiting ratification by the party at the local government level.
“Igwe belongs to my ward and we had already suspended him for anti-party activities. We are surprised that the same person we suspended gathered some members of his group to pronounce Eze suspended.
“The party at the local government is in receipt of our correspondence relating to his suspension” he said.
When contacted, Igwe said that he was not on suspension and that their decision was binding.
“Do not listen to those people. Nobody suspended me,” Igwe said.
Meanwhile, one of the alleged signatories to the suspension of the minister’s aide, Mr Augustine Umeh has denied knowledge of the purported suspension.
Umeh said that he was shocked to see his name on the list, adding that he never signed up for the purported suspension, adding that what was playing out was power play.
- Please pray for Peter Osaze Odemwingie, All is not well with him-Peter OkoyeIn Celebrity NewsDecember 3, 2020Peter Okoye of the defunct P-Square group, has reacted to accusation of fraud by ex-Super Eagles striker, Peter Osaze Odemwingie. Odenwingie had on ...[Read more]
- Senator Egwu, Anyim and others you fight now made you Ebonyi Governor – PDP stakeholders tell UmahiIn Nigeria NewsDecember 3, 2020Stakeholders of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Ohaukwu Local Government of Ebonyi State, have warned Governor Dave Umahi against his continued ...[Read more]
- MURIC advises Buhari to Ban International Flight over second Wave of Covid-19In COVID-19December 3, 2020Following reports worldwide indicating a second wave of the dreaded Coronavirus, the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC), has called on President Muhammadu ...[Read more]
- Stefflon Don Breaks Silence On Burna Boy’s Cheating Scandal With Side Chick Jopearl (VIDEO)In Celebrity NewsDecember 3, 2020Burna Boy’s UK girlfriend, Stefflon Don, has reacted to the viral cheating allegations of Burna Boy with Jopearl. Stefflon Don and Burna Boy The ...[Read more]
- “2 Years Of Being A Side Chick And You Didn’t Get A Range Rover” – UK Comedian Trolls Burna Boy’s Girl, JopearlIn Celebrity NewsDecember 3, 2020A UK-based Comedian has taken on to Social media to lambast Jopearl, for causing a dating scandal to destroy Burna Boy’s relationship with Stefflon ...[Read more]
- Few Days After Davido Bought Rolex Watch Worth N10 Million, Wizkid Also Grabs A Diamond Chain Worth N100,000In Celebrity NewsDecember 3, 2020The rivalry and competition between Nigerian singers, Davido and Wizkid, seems to have taken a different turn as both have been flaunting their ...[Read more]
- Bola Tinubu writes to the Governor of Borno State, Babagana Zulum over Boko Haram killing in Zabarmari area of the stateIn NewsDecember 3, 2020Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the All Progressives Congress Congress, APC, has written to the Governor of Borno State, Babagana Zulum over Boko ...[Read more]
- Meet Alhaji Abdulmunaf Yunusa Sarina, The Nigerian Billionaire With 16 Beautiful DaughtersIn Celebrity NewsDecember 3, 2020Alhaji Abdulmunaf Yunusa Sarina is a Nigerian Billionaire and Owner of Azman Air. He’s among the many Nigerian Billionaires running Nigeria. – ...[Read more]
- Rochas Okorocha advises President Buhari to sack everyone he appointed to work with himIn Boko HaramDecember 3, 2020Former Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha has advised President Muhammadu Buhari to sack everyone he appointed to work with him. Okorocha, a former ...[Read more]
- Adom TV Serves Notice Of Apology To President Akufo-Addo Over Airing Of ‘Bribe Video’In GhanaDecember 3, 2020Adom TV has served notice of apology to President Akufo-Addo to the public for airing a said corruption expose which implicated him in accepting ...[Read more]