West Ham midfielder, Jack Wilshere, has identified the one difference between former team-mates Mesut Ozil and Cesc Fabregas.
Wilshere played with both midfielders at Arsenal before he left the club in 2018.
Although both players excelled in attacking midfield roles, Wilshere feels Fabregas had a greater ability to control a game.
“They can change a game and they can control a game – more so Fabregas could control a game. That’s the difference.
“Ozil wouldn’t really get involved in the build-up but Cesc would drop.
“I’ve seen games where he must have greated 10 to 12 goalscoring opportunities just by dropping off.
“I’ve had this conversation with him recently where that player is sort of going out the game a little bit.
“Not that quick, not really strong but just playing with your brain.
“I played in a few games where he (Cesc) was man marked which says it all really.
“Someone who is not going to really run away from you with the ball or beat and push you off the ball. To literally be man marked, I remember we played Bolton once and Fabrice Muamba followed him for the whole game,” Wilshere said according to the UK Metro.
- EPL: De Bruyne overtakes Ozil, Fabregas, Lampard’s assists record after Man City’s 5-0 win over Norwich
- Ex-Arsenal midfielder, Jack Wilshere’s new club confirmed
- Former Arsenal player, Jack Wilshere signs for Bournemouth until end of the season
- Arsenal: I feel sorry for Aubameyang – Jack Wilshere
- EPL: Cesc Fabregas reveals regrets leaving Arsenal “too soon”
- Burna Boy reveals difference between him, Wizkid
- “The Difference Between You And I Is Hard Work” – Kiddwaya Reveals In His New Post
- Wenger controversially picks between Fabregas, Vieira
- EPL: Fabregas gives N’Golo Kante nickname
- EPL: Cesc Fabregas reacts as Chelsea confirm player to leave Stamford Bridge