Four-time African of the Footballer of the Year and former Cameroonian captain, Samuel Eto’o believes two-time Ballon d’Or winner Ronaldo is the greatest striker of all time.
Ronaldo was renowned for his goalscoring exploits for Brazil and at club level for Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSV, and Inter Milan with hundreds of goals in a professional career that spanned 18 years.
When quizzed about the best strikers of all time, Eto’o who claimed to be the greatest African player ever, named the Brazilian legend, fondly nicknamed ‘El Fenomeno’ a Portuguese word meaning the Phenomenon.
Eto’o was quoted as saying in a live chat by AS: “I have such great respect and admiration for him. Then there are a lot of us who come up behind him, and I’d include myself among them.”
The former Barcelona star chose his former teammate and six-time Ballon d’Or Lionel Messi as the best player who is still active while PSG star Kylian Mbappe has been tipped to succeed the Argentine’s dominance in the future.
Aside from his success at club level, the 43-year-old won two Fifa World Cups, in 1994 and 2002, and was crowned the Fifa World Player of the Year thrice, while winning the Ballon d’Or in 1997 and 2002.
- Trump grants presidential pardon to Lil Wayne, Kodak BlackIn Celebrity News, Entertainment, NewsJanuary 20, 2021Obianuju Catherine Udeh, popularly known as DJ Switch, has called out the Lagos State Government over the order it recently secured from a mobile ...[Read more]
- Alban Bagbin orders all MPs to get tested for Covid-19In Ghana, NewsJanuary 20, 2021The Speaker of Parliament Alban Sumana Bagbin has directed that Members of Parliament undergo compulsory testing for COVID-19 to help reduce the ...[Read more]
- NPP 2024 flagbearer ‘may’ be chosen by consensus – Kyei Mensah Bonsu gives key hintIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 20, 2021Member of Parliament for Suame and the leader of the NPP caucus in Parliament Osei Kyei Mensah Bonsu says it’s imperative that the NPP select its ...[Read more]
- INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter’s RegistrationIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 20, 2021The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC is considering making the National Identity Number, NIN a precondition for registering voters ...[Read more]
- Gonja Traditional Council loses powerful Paramount Chief Kusawguwura S.S. Kunkarga IIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 20, 2021The death has been reported of the Paramount Chief for the Kusawgu traditional area in the Central Gonja district of the Savannah region his Royal ...[Read more]
- Tamale Medical Stores Fraud: Service Person appears before court todayIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 20, 2021The National Service Personnel, Danyagiri Mark who has been in detention since December 17, 2020 over the alleged massive fraud at the Tamale Medical ...[Read more]
- Fulham vs Man United: Solskjaer names players that didn’t train ahead of EPL clashIn SportsJanuary 20, 2021Former England and Liverpool striker, Michael Owen, has predicted some of the Premier League’s midweek games. A tricky challenge awaits Manchester ...[Read more]
- We Did What We Came To Do – Donald Trump Delivers Farewell SpeechIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 20, 2021In a few hours President Donald Trump will cease to be the president of the United States of America and has a part of his ceremony the president ...[Read more]
- Nigerian man records himself in a snow-filled environment to prove he’s in Europe not Ghana (Video)In Viral NewsJanuary 20, 2021A Nigerian man residing in Europe, has shared a video of himself in an environment covered with snow to clear the air on speculations that he is in ...[Read more]
- The 4th Floor!!! Timi Dakolo Celebrates 40th BirthdayIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 20, 2021R&B singer Timi Dakolo turns the big 40 today and he is celebrating with some stunning new photos. The singer shared the snaps on his Instagram ...[Read more]