Detectives from the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of the Adamawa State Police Command have arrested an ex-convict involved in attacking and inflicting injuries on innocent drivers before snatching their vehicles.
Spokesperson of the Command, DSP Suleiman Yahaya Nguroje, who confirmed the arrest in a statement on Tuesday, said the suspect, Kiya Peter, 36, a resident of Hupuba village of Gombi LGA had on Monday, January 11, 2021, attacked one Sunday Stephen of Federal Housing Unit in Girei Local government.
The suspect hit and inflicted a severe injury on the victim and robbed him of his vehicle 307 Peugeot, leaving him in pool of blood.
The Ag, Commissioner of police DCP Samaila Dikko Shuaibu immediately deployed detectives who apprehended the suspect and recovered the snatched Vehicle.
According to to the statement, findings further reveals that the same suspect in April 2015 approached one Ahmed Awal, a bus driver with Adamawa Sunshine pretending to hire his vehicle to convey some goods to Abuja.
He invited Awal into his house. While negotiating a price the suspect suddenly attacked and killed the driver with an iron rod. He bundled the corpse inside a “Ghana Must go” bag and threw it into River Benue.
He was later apprehended, investigated and charged to court. The suspect who was in prison since then found his way out in 2020 and went ahead to commit a similar offence.
Meanwhile, as part of efforts at tackling criminal activities and other related offences the Ag. CP has directed thorough investigation into the circumstances that led to his release.
The suspect will be arraigned in court on completion of investigations.
- Nigeria making progress, we used to test samples abroad – OsinbajoIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021
- COVID-19: Napoli striker, Victor Osimhen recoversIn COVID-19, SportsJanuary 22, 2021Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, has claimed he does not listen to the speculation over his future. However, he admits he’s aware of the pressure that ...[Read more]
- Two suspected bandits arrested in KadunaIn Local NewsJanuary 22, 2021A taxi driver, one Tunde Bello, is currently cooling off his heels in the police cell for allegedly kidnapping and raping a 29-year-old lady in Ogun ...[Read more]
- AU faces unprecedented outrage ahead of chairmanship election in EthiopiaIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021
- BREAKING: FG finally confirms Madu as NSCDC Commandant GeneralIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021
- American Airlines launches ‘at-home wine experience’ with unused boozeIn LifestyleJanuary 22, 2021Preview in new tab(opens in a new tab) Airlines and pandemics do not pair well, but booze and quarantine do. COVID-19 has crushed the travel industry ...[Read more]
- Family mourns victim of Brooklyn handyman serial killerIn USAJanuary 22, 2021The 83-year-old woman allegedly murdered by the Brooklyn handyman serial killer two years ago was a grandmother and great-grandmother — considered ...[Read more]
- I’m a beauty queen and fascinated with Ted BundyIn LifestyleJanuary 22, 2021This beauty queen thinks she’s got what it takes to snatch the title of world’s sexiest serial killer. Kanika Batra, a 26-year-old Australian pageant ...[Read more]
- Inter Allies sign former Asante Kotoko forward Richard ArthurIn Ghana, SportsJanuary 22, 2021Ghana Premier League side, Inter Allies, have completed the signing of former Asante Kotoko striker, Richard Arthur, to strengthen their attacking ...[Read more]
- German scientists make paralyzed mice walk againIn LifestyleJanuary 22, 2021German researchers have enabled mice paralyzed after spinal cord injuries to walk again, re-establishing a neural link hitherto considered ...[Read more]