Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB), was picked up at a location in Africa, a top source in the Nigerian government has revealed to Newzandar News.
One of the sources said, “He was not arrested in London or anywhere in the United Kingdom. Diplomats confirmed that Kanu was picked up somewhere in Africa. The family and IPOB are very unhappy. Apparently, they have known about the trailing and arrest for some time.”
Newzandar News had earlier reported that the family of Nnamdi Kanu asked the Federal Government not to manhandle their son, who is currently in the custody of the Department of State Services (DSS).
Speaking in Umuahia, the Abia state capital, Nnamdi Kanu’s younger brother, Emmanuel Kanu said the IPOB leader stood on the path of truth and committed no crime to deserve any persecution.
According to him, Nnamdi was only asking for the freedom of Biafrans which is their fundamental human right hence, his rights should be respected.
He said the whole world is watching how the Nigerian Government will handle Kanu.
He further noted that his brother had awakened the consciousness of Nigerians about the goings-on in the country.
“My brother stood for the truth, and Heaven is on the part of anyone standing for the truth.
“He committed no crime, and the whole world is watching,” Emmanuel added.
Meanwhile, there has been an uneasy calm across Umuahia, since the news of his arrest broke.
People were observed discussing the matter in hushed tones with some people still bewildered about the entire scenario, while some doubted if the news was true.
Newzandar News – News
- EXCLUSIVE: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer Speaks On His Client’s Arrest, Extradition
- Family Of IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Speaks On His Rearrest By Nigerian Government
- Nigerian Government Discloses How IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Was Caught
- Nigerian Government Plots Fresh Charges Against Detained IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu
- Nigerians React To Arrest Of IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu By Buhari’s Government
- BREAKING: How IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested In Kenya, Unlawfully Extradited To Nigeria—Family
- I Was Very Happy When Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested – El-Rufai Speaks On Arrest Of IPOB Leader
- IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu arrested in UK, extradited to Nigeria
- Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested In Kenya – Nnamdi Kanu’s Sibling Reveals
- Open Letter to Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the Leader of IPOB and All Nigerian Security Agencies