Media personality Latasha Ngwube has reacted after her colleague Toolz Oniru-Demuren called for stiffer punishments for those who falsely accuse others of rape.
Latasha agreed that false rape accusation is condemnable and destroys life but she pointed out that cases of false rape accusations do not compare to the many cases of victims who speak up yet do not get justice.
She added that calling for tough punishments on “women who allegedly falsely accuse men is opening a door that will eventually do more harm than good.”
Latasha continued: “The odds are already not in the favor of the abused survivors.
“A clever rapist can simply take advantage of the loopholes.”
She pointed out that some of those who are vocal about false rape accusations are rape apologists.
She then said that we need a system that works so that it is easier to prove rape cases and get justice for rape victims so as to reduce cases of false rape accusations.
Latasha and Toolz eventually agreed that we need a justice system that works, rape kits at the lowest levels so that it’s easily accessible, guaranteed safety of witnesses free from intimidation, and better forensic training on evidence collection.
This way, it’ll be easier to identify real rape cases and false rape accusers will think twice about making unfounded claims.
Read their debate below.
- Singer Waje celebrates Socialite, Latasha Ngwube 37th birthday (Photo)
- ‘A Love Song For Latasha’ on Netflix Honors The Life, Not the Death, of Latasha Harlins
- “Please stop punishing men with rape accusations, they have feelings too” – Woman begs on behalf of victims of false rape accusations
- Dencia Advices Rape Victims How To Go About Their Rape Accusation
- Don’t Compare Me To Any Rubbish – Timaya Reacts To Being Compare To Duncan Mighty
- False Accusers Should Get Same Punishment As The Rapist – Actress, Allwell Ademola
- Stream It Or Skip It: ‘A Love Song for Latasha’ on Netflix, a Heartbreaking Short Documentary About a Girl’s Life Cut Tragically Short
- Cuomo wants state lawmakers to pass ‘Amy Cooper’ 911 false accusation bill
- NYC dog owner sues after false assault accusation following Great Dane attack
- Toke Makinwa Makes Move To Arrest Twitter Use Over False Accusation