Governor Abdullahi Sule has narrated how the family of Nasarawa’s index case of Coronavirus was shielded from undergoing a test by her family.
The Governor who expressed disappointment with the act, said the incident occurred in Kokona Local Government Area of the state.
Governor Sule said;
“It is sad to announce that Nasarawa State has the first case from this lady who travelled from Kano to Kokona. We already evacuated the lady from Kokona to Lafia where we have better facilities to take care of her.
“We have also isolated the family, where she came from, so that we could conduct proper tests on them to ensure that none of them is infected. But the sad part of everything about the lady is when we discovered that there was somebody who could have been infected as she came from Kano to the state.
“We tried to go and conduct a test on this lady but the family hid her and prevented us from even conducting the test on the lady. That is the sad part.
“I want to use this opportunity to encourage our people, especially the traders who continue to travail to some of these high risk places, like Kano and Lagos and returning home, that they could be doing more harm to their own members of the family than even the state. This is because right now, for this lady, we don’t know if some members of her family who were trying to hide her away from being tested are actually infected.”
- Family of Nasarawa's first case of Coronavirus hid her from getting tested – Governor Sule
- Najeetbat Sule, Nigerian PhD Student & Former Beauty Queen, Sule Shot Dead Tn The U.S
- Governor Sule appoints first female Chief Judge in Nasarawa
- Piers Morgan tested for coronavirus after getting symptom
- Fear stopping Rohingya from getting tested as coronavirus hits refugee camps
- Kaduna state Governor, Nasir El-Rufai goes into self-isolation after close family member and a top government official tested positive for COVID-19 (video)
- Lady says she hid her pregnancy from the public to avoid losing her baby (Video)
- E!’s Giuliana Rancic announces she and her family have tested positive for coronavirus
- White House asks agencies to find out if China, WHO hid coronavirus intel
- DHS claims China hid coronavirus severity to hoard medical supplies