The Governor of Ekiti State, Dr Kayode Fayemi has sworn in eight new commissioners and seven new special advisers on Monday.
He warned members of the State Executive Council to shun undue distractions and focus on the set goals of the administration.
Governor Fayemi, while inaugurating the eight newly appointed commissioners and seven Special Advisers at the Governor’s Office hall, explained that the cabinet reshuffle is sequel to a midterm appraisal of his team.
While some commissioners were reshuffled and others assigned new offices, some were not reappointed.
The newly inaugurated commissioners are Barrister Akin Omole (Information and Values Orientation); Dr Oyebanji Filani (Health); Mr Akin Oyebode (Finance and Economic Development); Prince Olabode Adetoyi (Agriculture and Food Security); Otunba Oladiran Adesua (Housing and Urban Development); Dr (Mrs) Olabimpe Aderiye (Education, Science and Technology); Alhaja Mariam Ogunlade (Women Affairs and Social Development); and Princess Iyabode Fakunle-Okhiemen (Environment and Natural Resources).
The Special Advisers are Chief (Mrs) Moji Fafure (Gender Empowerment and Social Mobilisation); Prof. Francesca Aladejana (Basic, Secondary and Vocational/Technical Education); (Mr Foluso Daramola (Governor’s Office); Chief Olusoga Davies (Political Matters); Chief Folorunso Olabode (Community and Rural Development); Architect Tope Ogunleye (Special Projects); Mr Ayoola Owolabi (Investment, Trade and Industries).
Also inaugurated were Prof Femi Akinwunmi as Chairman of SUBEB and Mr Febisola Adewale, as member Local Government Service Commission. [Channels TV]
Have a story to tell, or images to share on interesting Nigeria news? Send them to Concise News via Whatsapp (0906 928 2577)
Tired of generators? Get PRAG INVERTER, Nigeria’s No.1 Inverters Be the first to know…Get daily round up of top Nigerian newspaper headlines. Click here. Tired of estimated bills/generator noise? Go off the grid…get PRAG SOLAR for 24/7 noiseless and uninterrupted power supply.
- Gov. Matawalle swears in 15 new Special Advisers
- Breaking: Governor Makinde Sacks Commissioners, Special Advisers In Oyo
- Akwa Ibom Assembly confirms commissioners, special advisers nominees
- Imo Governor, Uzodinma Fires Special Advisers, Senior Special Assistants
- Cross River State Appoints 190 New Aides, PAs, Special Advisers
- Gov. Okowa names two new special advisers
- Coronavirus: Ogun Assembly summons Commissioners for Health, Special Duties over palliatives
- Justify your appointments, Okowa charges new advisers
- Zulum compensates 48 bereaved families of Zabarmari farmers killed by Boko Haram with twenty-eight million, eight hundred thousand
- Open letter written to Gov Fayemi of Ekiti State by a pharmacist who accused the management of the Ekiti State University Teaching hospital of causing his Mum’s death and Governor Fayemi’s response