Immediate past Peoples Democratic Party National Vice Chairman, Southwest, Mr. Eddy Olafeso, has said that former Governor, Ayodele Fayose should be respected for saving the party from total ruin when the ruling party allegedly plotted internal crisis to destroy it.
Olafeso said Fayose towers above other leaders in the zone, judging from his antecedents and contributions to the PDP’s electoral fortunes, saying: “he remains the voice of the PDP in the southwest”.
The former Commissioner in Ondo State added that the leadership tussle between Fayose and Oyo State Governor, Engr Seyi Makinde was uncalled-for and unwarranted, describing the former Ekiti State governor as a pathfinder and leading light of the PDP in the region.
Olafeso spoke in Ado Ekiti, on Saturday, while meeting with the delegates on his PDP Vice Chairmanship aspiration for the coming Zonal congress of the party.
Addressing the Hon. Bisi Kolawole-led faction of the party and who were predominantly Fayose’s loyalists, Olafeso said: “You can see that all the immediate past zonal executive members are represented here. We are here to thank our leader, Ayodele Fayose for his support.
“He(Fayose) is our leader. We believe in him. While others were panicking and fearful to criticize President Muhammadu Buhari, he was with us. He remained the only voice in the wilderness.
“Fayose rescued the PDP from those who wanted to ruin the party when the late Senator Buruji Kashamu took the party to court. It was Fayose as a governor that saved the party from total ruin.
“We are very sure that we will reposition the PDP in this zone. We have visited other five states. No individual can appropriate the PDP in the southwest. Let us continue to support Fayose. We are very sure of victory and unity in the end”.
Source: Daily Post Nigeria
- BBNaija’s Lucy Sends Tongues Wagging With Thick Thighs On DisplayIn BBNaija, Celebrity NewsNovember 24, 2020Former BBNaija housemate, Lucy, has caused a stir internet with her a photo of herself, revealing her full thighs on social media. Lucy The ...[Read more]
- “You Will Soon Vanish Like You Never Came”- Angry Fan Tells DorathyIn BBNaija, Celebrity NewsNovember 24, 2020Social media users have dragged BBNaija’s Dorathy, to the mud after she asked her fans to stop comparing her to her fellow housemates. Reacting to ...[Read more]
- “Wizkid Was 16 Years When Tiwa Savage Auditioned At The UK XFactor” – Fans Reacts To Tiwa’s Old VideoIn Celebrity NewsNovember 24, 2020Female singer, Tiwas Savage, has caused a debate on social media among her fans after a video of her auditioning at UK-XFactor in 2006 popped up on ...[Read more]
- Cardi B Reveals Why She Was Forced To Comment On Erica’s PhotoIn BBNaija, Celebrity NewsNovember 24, 2020Award-winning Rapper, Cardi B, has disclosed the reason that led to the response she gave a fan who tried to troll BBNaija’s Erica on Twitter. ...[Read more]
- “William Uchemba Is GAY” – Social Media User ClaimsIn Celebrity NewsNovember 24, 2020Actor and comedian, Uchemba William, has been accused of being a gay by a social media user, few days after he tied the knot with his long time ...[Read more]
- Comedian Woli Agba Presents One Car Each To His Crew Members (VIDEO)In Celebrity NewsNovember 23, 2020Top notch Nigerian comedian, Ayobami Ajewole, professionally known as Woli Agba has surprised three of his crew members with a brand new car each. ...[Read more]
- BBNaija Nengi And Ozo Receives N2million And Other Gifts From FansIn BBNaija, Celebrity NewsNovember 23, 2020BBNaija couple, Nengi and Ozo, have received amazing gifts and goodies from their joint fanbase, Ozones, this is aimed at putting a smile on the ...[Read more]
- Nana Addo Shames “Free SHS Enemies” With Good WASSCE ResultsIn GhanaNovember 23, 2020Ghana’s first man of the land, President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, has thrown some subtle shade at detractors of his flagship educational program, ...[Read more]
- “Ini, Spit on Us, We Are Your Tofiakwa” – Fan Reacts to Ini Edo’s Fantastic Dress She Took to William Uchemba’s WeddingIn Celebrity NewsNovember 23, 2020William Uchemba’s wedding a few days ago will go down memory lane as the biggest in recent times. In a year where a lot of people pray, they will not ...[Read more]
- “Yaa Pono And I Have Always Been Cool After The Angel Town Incident” – Stonebwoy Breaks SilenceIn GhanaNovember 23, 2020One of the most difficult things to go through as an individual is to be misjudged based on your past. This is the situation Stonebwoy found himself ...[Read more]