Interior Minister, Rauf Aregbesola
To mark this year’s International Workers’ Day Celebration, the Federal Government has declared Friday, May 1, 2022, as a public holiday.
The Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, made the declaration in a statement by signed by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry, Georgina Ehuriah.
In the statement, Aregbesola commended Nigerian workers “for their resilience, patience and understanding, particularly in their support at stemming the spread of COVID-19”.
May 1 is a celebration of labourers and the working class and is promoted by the International Labour Movement around the world.
- JUST IN: Federal Government declares one day public holiday
- Federal Government Declares July 30th And 31st As Public Holiday To Mark Eid-el-Kabir
- Federal Government Declares May 1 Public Holiday
- FG Declares Friday Public Holiday
- FG declares Friday a public holiday
- Taraba government declares 3-day public holiday