In celebration of this year’s International Workers’ Day, the Federal Government has declared Friday, May 1, 2022, as a public holiday.
This was disclosed on Tuesday by the Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola, who thanked Nigerians “for their resilience, patience and understanding, particularly in their support at stemming the spread of COVID-19”.
The minister also thanked the labour force for their “sacrifices in the present period of trial”, assured that their “commitment and patience will complement the efforts being made by Government and other stakeholders to ensure the speedy control of the virus”.
Also in Newzandar News: Buhari Orders Two Weeks Total Lockdown In Kano
He said, “With the cooperation of every citizen, as well as strict adherence to the measures being put in place by relevant authorities, the challenges being faced by Nigerians as a result of the disease, would soon be put behind.”
The Minister added that “the economy of the country will rebound and be stronger after the COVID-19 experience, taking cognisance of the various economic stabilisation efforts by the Federal Government”
- FG Declares Friday Public Holiday
- FG declares Friday a public holiday
- Federal Government Declares Friday Public Holiday
- “Stop Calling Friday ‘Black Friday’, Its A Holy Day For Muslims” – Hisbah Board Bars Cool FM From Saying ‘Black Friday’
- Sallah: Thursday, Friday Declared Public Holiday – FG
- Declared: Friday 31st July 2022, Public Holiday in Ghana
- FG declares Monday, Tuesday public holiday
- BREAKING: FG declares June 12 public holiday
- JUST IN: Federal Government declares one day public holiday