The Federal Government has disbursed the sum of N43,416,000,000.00 (USD120.6 million) to 24 states of the federation through performance-based grants under the World Bank-Assisted States Fiscal Transparency, Accountability and Sustainability (SFTAS) Programme-for-Results.
The Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Mrs Zainab Ahmed, disclosed this in a statement issued by Mr Hassan Dodo, the Ministry’s Director of Press and Public Relations, in Abuja, this afternoon.
SFTAS is wholly-financed with a loan of $750 million from the International Development Association (IDA), a member of the World Bank Group.
Mrs Ahmed said that eligible States were selected on the basis of the results achieved in 2018 under the performance assessment.
- A-Ibom missed SFTAS N43.4bn over delayed budget passage — Gov Emmanuel
- Coronavirus: PTF disburses N1bn each to 32 states
- Foundation disburses N17 million scholarship to 4,000 students
- COVID-19: IMF disburses $10b to Africa countries
- DBN disburses N100bn to MSMEs
- Jigawa govt disburses food stuff to 71 Tsangaya schools
- COVID-19: Edo disburses loans to boost food security
- Abule-Egba explosion: Lagos disburses N19.2m to 300 victims
- Umuchinemere disburses N519m loans in 6mths
- “FG Disburses N20 Billion COVID-19 Allowance To Health Workers” – Minister Of State For Health, Olorunnumbe Mamora