The Federal Government has approved July 26, 2023 as the new deadline for NIN-SIM data verification.
The government explained the decision to extend the deadline was reached after a request by stakeholders.
It also noted the development followed the rapid increase in the number of enrolment systems across the country.
The linkage by Nigerians has hit 57.3 million.
The government made the announcement in a statement signed jointly by the Director of Public Affairs of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) Dr Ikechukwu Adinde and Head of Corporate Communications of the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) Mr Kayode Adegoke.
The statement reads: “The Federal Government has approved the extension as part of its effort to make it easier for its citizens and residents to obtain the NIN and it is important to take advantage of the extension.
”There are now a total of 57.3 million unique NIN enrolments, with average of 3 to 4 SIMs per NIN. With the great number of enrolment centres across the country, every citizen and legal resident should be able to obtain their NINs.
“Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami, on behalf of the Federal Government, appreciates Nigerians for their patience and compliance with the Federal Government’s directive on the NIN-SIM registration exercise.
“The Executive Vice Chairman of the Nigerian Communications Commission, Prof Umar Garba Dambatta, and the Director-General/CEO of that National Identity Management Commission, Engr Aliyu Azeez, urge citizens and legal residents to make sure they use the opportunity to complete the process of enrolment and verification.”
- FG extends deadline for NIN and Sim card linkage to February 9
- FG extends NIN-SIM linkage deadline by 8 weeks
- Deadline For NIN-SIM Linkage Has Been Extended By 8-Weeks – FG
- FG Extends NIN-SIM Linkage, Reveals New Date
- NIN-SIM linkage: FG expresses appreciation, provides update
- On Fire Isa Pantami Extends NIN-SIM Linkage
- FG extends NIN-SIM linkage to July
- FG Fixes New Deadline For NIN-SIM Verification
- Federal Government Announces Deadline For NIN-SIM Verification
- Reps ask NCC to extend NIN/SIM card deadline to Feb 28th