The Nigerian Government has summoned the Charge d’ Affaires of the High Commission of Ghana to Nigeria, Iva Denoo.
Denoo was summoned by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, over the demolition of the staff quarters of the Nigerian High Commission in Ghana last Friday, June 19. A businessman demolished the building, claiming the structure was built on his land.
Onyeama in a tweet posted on his verified Twitter handle, said during the meeting, he demanded an urgent explanation of the incident and reinforcement of security around Nigeria’s diplomatic premises and staff in Ghana.
”Summoned the Chargè d’ Affaires of the High Commission of #Ghana to Nigeria, Ms Iva Denoo to demand urgent explanation on the recent attacks on a residential building in our diplomatic premises and reinforcement of security around diplomatic premises and staff.
Newzandar News Linda Ikeji’s Blog
- FG summons Ghanaian envoy on demolition of Embassy
- High Commission building: FG summons Ghana envoy over demolition
- Two persons arrested over demolition of Nigerian Embassy Staff Quarters
- We did not obtain a land title certificate or a building permit for the new property – Nigeria admits mistake on demolition of Nigerian Embassy staff quarters in Ghana
- Persons involved in demolition of Nigerian Embassy staff quarters in Ghana arrested
- Ghanaian government promises to rebuild demolished Nigerian Embassy Staff Quarters
- Ghanaian Govt promises to rebuild demolished Nigerian Embassy Staff Quarters
- Police arrests two persons over demolition of Nigerian High Commission staff quarters in Ghana
- Nigerian govt reacts to alleged demolition of its High Commission staff quarters in Ghana
- Take urgent action on the demolition of our High Commission Staff quarters – FG Tells Ghanian Govt