That is something to celebrate because it means patients across the world could benefit immediately. That’s why the top-line results of this trial have been rushed out – because the implications are so huge globally.
Dexamethasone has been used since the early 1960s to treat a wide range of conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis and asthma. Half of all Covid patients who require a ventilator do not survive, so cutting that risk by a third would have a huge impact.
The drug is given intravenously in intensive care, and in tablet form for less seriously ill patients. So far, the only other drug proven to benefit Covid patients is remdesivir, an antiviral treatment which has been used for Ebola.
That has been shown to reduce the duration of coronavirus symptoms from 15 days to 11, but the evidence was not strong enough to show whether it reduced mortality. Unlike dexamethasone, remdesivir is a new drug with limited supplies and a price has yet to be announced.
Newzandar News BBC
- COVID-19: WHO supports scientifically proven traditional medicine
- Identity Of The Nigerian Man Drowned In Viral Video Revealed As FEMA Finally Finally Recovers Body In Abuja
- Cheap hair lice drug may cut risk of COVID-19 death by 80 percent: study
- The Latest 2022 Secret That Gives YOU A Proven, Permanent & All-Natural Cure For Erectile Dysfunction, Premature Ejaculation and an Enlarged Bigger Penis”
- Jay Pharoah to Gayle King: Black people are ‘guilty until proven innocent’ in America
- “Innocent until proven guilty,” D’banj reacts
- I’m Innocent Until Proven Guilty – D’banj (Video)
- ‘Innocent until proven guilty, stop social media trial’ – Dbanj writes, as he dances in reaction to rape allegations (video)
- Top US general says Russia-Taliban bounty intel ‘not proven’
- Rape Allegation: I’m Innocent Until Proven Guilty – D’banj