A FIRM, Financial Technology Company (FIS), has set up a subsidiary with the objective of investing up to $150 million in promising fintech start-ups over the next three years.
FIS said the new unit will invest in early to growth-stage fintech startups with a focus on emerging technologies, such as artificial intelligence and machine learning, digital enablement and automation, data and analytics, security and privacy, distributed ledger technology, and financial inclusion.
The capital injections will be accompanied by operational support and access to FIS channel partners and banking clients.
“At a time when many other fintech firms are scaling back their investments, FIS is deepening its commitment to stay at the forefront of innovative technologies that can help our clients accelerate digital transformation and emerge even stronger from the pandemic ,” said FIS Chief Growth Officer, Asif Ramji, adding: “FIS Ventures is a significant new component of our investment strategy to identify and bring to market innovative new technologies that advance the way the world pays banks and invests.”
He said the recently-announced funding in the Nigeria-based fintech startup Flutter wave marks the first investment made by FIS Ventures.
- Insecurity: No plan to engage 4,000 youths – Niger GovernmentIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Street traders at Obikabia and Opobo junctions, Ogbor Hill in Aba, have been given seven days to vacate the streets and move into approved markets in ...[Read more]
- History as “Come Closer” by Wizkid Ft. Drake goes Platinum in CanadaIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 16, 2021Nigerian afrobeat heavyweight, Ayo Balogun better known as Wizkid has become the only Nigerian artiste to go Platinum twice in Canada. The singer ...[Read more]
- “Nothing can break me” – James Brown reacts after Instagram deactivation (Video)In Celebrity NewsJanuary 16, 2021Popular crossdresser, James Brown has addressed the deactivation of his Instagram account following a brawl with Bobrisky. It would be recalled that ...[Read more]
- Abia gives 7-day ultimatum to street tradersIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Street traders at Obikabia and Opobo junctions, Ogbor Hill in Aba, have been given seven days to vacate the streets and move into approved markets in ...[Read more]
- 2021: Crisis in Aso Rock will shake Nigeria, Niger Delta will clash with Fulani, Governor will die – Prophet OkikijesuIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Apostle Paul Okikijesu of the Christ Apostolic Miracle Ministry has claimed in a series of prophecies that God revealed to him there will be a ...[Read more]
- Gunmen kill man in Delta, cart away cashIn Local NewsJanuary 16, 2021Fifteen (15) passengers lost their lives on Friday as two buses burst into flames after they collided along the Maiduguri, Damaturu road. The ...[Read more]
- ”May those who don’t believe COVID-19 is real contract it” —Ifu Ennada PraysIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 16, 2021Reality TV Star, Ifu Ennada prays that those who don’t believe in COVID-19 should contract it. Taking to her social media handle, Ifu Ennada attacks ...[Read more]
- The spirit of Rawlings will see NDC through Supreme Court petition – Ofosu AmpofoIn GhanaJanuary 16, 2021General Secretary of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) Dr. Samuel Ofosu Ampofo has said that the forefathers of NDC and the spirit of their ...[Read more]
- “I am taking charge of Tunde Ednut’s case, it is spiritual” – Pastor Omashola (Video)In Celebrity NewsJanuary 16, 2021Controversial man of God, Pastor Chris Omashola has announced getting involved in Tunde Ednut’s spiritual issue involving the loss of his Instagram ...[Read more]
- Reconstruction of Kejetia and Dumsor caused Kumawood collapse – Papa KumasiIn Entertainment, GhanaJanuary 16, 2021Actor Papa Kumasi has disclosed that the reconstruction of Kumasi Kejetia and power experienced in Ghana some years ago contributed to the downfall ...[Read more]