A Florida man was arrested with enough of the narcotic fentanyl to kill half a million people, cops revealed Tuesday.
David Gayle, 43, was arrested for dealing drugs — including two charges stemming from warrants for selling heroin within 1,000 feet of a church — when detectives with the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office executed a search warrant April 24 for his Brooksville home.
Investigators discovered more than two pounds of the synthetic drug fentanyl and methamphetamine, a mixture sometimes called a “goofball.”
This amount of fentanyl can “potentially” kill 500,000 people, according to a press release from the sheriff’s office.
“We can never measure what we prevent, but it is a very good bet that this quantity of fentanyl would have resulted in a number of overdose deaths right here in Hernando County,” said Sheriff Al Nienhuis in the release.
Cops also found more than almost seven grams of cocaine, a gram of oxycodone and 13 grams of hashish — as well as some marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Gayle was charged one count of trafficking fentanyl and one count of trafficking methamphetamine — as well as separate counts of possession for each of the other drugs found.
Jail records show Gayle has an extensive criminal background in Hernando County, mostly for cocaine possession, since 2011.
He was being held Tuesday in the Hernando County jail in lieu of a $215,000 bond and faces life in prison if convicted.
- Florida man arrested with 2 pounds of fentanyl — enough to kill 500K people
- California Highway Patrol dog helps uncover 81 pounds of meth, 11 pounds of fentanyl
- From Never Enough To More Than Enough – Regina Daniels’ Ex Somadina Reacts To Her Post God Can Take You From Nothing To More Than Enough
- Guns Don’t Kill People, People Kill People – Lengendary Rockstone
- Enough is enough, we will no longer torelate the killing of our people – Biafran Solders warn
- “If you are man enough to beat your spouse, be man enough to face the law” – Police PRO, Dolapo Badmos
- Beachgoers left 12K pounds of trash on reopened Florida beach
- “Enough is enough!” – South Africans demand death sentence for man who stabbed his 7- month pregnant girlfriend to death
- Lead Armed robber in 500k Fomena Robbery killed, accomplices arrested
- ‘Chernobyl Diaries’ star, Dimitri Diatchenko died from Fentanyl and Valium overdose