Nigeria’s former Minister of State for Education, Kenneth Gbagi, has been accused of str**ing his hotels staff n*ked over alleged N5,000 theft.
The politician reportedly arrested the four workers named, Gloria Oguzie, Victor Ephraim, Rosslyn Okiemute and Achibong Precious, who worked in his Signatious Hotel, Warri, Delta State, after subjecting them to dehumanizing treatment.
Expressive Info learnt that Gbagi, who is reportedly nursing a 2023 governorship ambition in Delta State on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, last week Friday arrested the workers after they were striped n*ked, photographed inside the hotel before being taken away by the police to Ebrumede Police Station where they were locked up.
Speaking with newsmen, a member of staff of the hotel revealed that his colleagues were arrested by the former minister over the alleged theft of the of 5,000 naira.
“My boss, former Minister of State for Education and owner of Signatious Hotel, Chief Kenneth Gbagi, arrested four of my colleagues working for him over the stealing of N5,000 from the hotel when actually the N5,000 was given as a gift to them by a guest because of their good behaviour.”
“Before they were arrested by the police on Friday last week at the hotel, the four staff were stripped naked while they were photographed in the presence of the police.
“We learnt that the dehumanising treatment was instructed by our boss.”
Staff of Signatious Hotel, Warri stripped naked by Nigerian Minister, Kenneth Gbagi over alleged N5k theft
It was further gathered that the hotel management forcefully made some withdrawals from the bank accounts of the four staff through their ATM cards before the police took them away in a waiting van.
The four staff were charged before a magistrate court sitting in Effurun after four days of detention.
In a five-count charge, the police accused the suspects of conniving among themselves to steal monies ranging from N156,000, N110,000, N5,000 and N2,000 owned by Signatious Hotel and committed an offence punishable under section 516 and 390 (9), of the criminal code Law Cap21C Vol.1 Law of Delta State.
The four staff, it was learnt, were granted bail on Monday through the intervention of some anti-corruption and human rights activists, who decided to take up the matter.
Warri-based human rights lawyer, Omemiroro Maxwell Ogedegbe, who confirmed the story, said that the staff worker were granted bail by a magistrate court sitting in Effurun, Delta State.
- BBNaija star Kiddwaya blasted by his cousin Doodoo, See whyOctober 27, 2020BBNaija star Kiddwaya has been blasted harshly by his cousin who we’ve come to know as Doodoo. In a disagreement which has found its way online, she ...[Read more]
- The Biography, Career and Net worth of Tonto DikehOctober 27, 2020Tonto Charity Dikeh was born on the 9th of June 1985, to Mr Sunny Dikeh and Mrs Veronica Dikeh as the third of five children. She hails from Ikwerre ...[Read more]
- The Biography of Chika Nancy IkeOctober 27, 2020Chika ‘Nancy’ Ike (born 8 November 1985) is a Nigerian actress, television personality, producer ,business woman , philanthropist and ...[Read more]
- A brief Biography of Patience OzokworOctober 27, 2020Patience Ozokwor, born 14 September 1958, is a Nigerian musician, fashion designer, gospel singer and actress. She won the Best Supporting Actress ...[Read more]
- See Interesting facts about you don’t know about Mr IbuOctober 27, 2020John Ikechukwu Okafor, popularly known as Mr. Ibu , is a Nigerian actor and comedian . Okafor is considered to be one of Nigeria’s most ...[Read more]
- The biography and Career of Ngozi EzeonuOctober 27, 2020Ngozi Ezeonu (born Ngozi Ikpelue , May 23 1965) is a Nigerian actress and former journalist, notable for playing maternal characters in Nollywood ...[Read more]
- A follower of Chika Ike on social media lavishes praises on her in the latest photograph she shared of herself on IGOctober 27, 2020A follower of Chika Ike on social media has lavished praises on her in the latest photograph she shared of herself on Instagram. Chika Ike shared a ...[Read more]
- Social media folks blast Bbnaija housemate Nengi again over body enhancementOctober 27, 2020Social media folks have started body shaming Bbnaija housemate Nengi again. Arguably, Nengi is the most hated and body shamed BBNaija season 5 ...[Read more]
- Actress Adesua Etomi gushes over her husband as he releases new AlbumOctober 27, 2020Actress Adesua Etomi has expressed how proud she is of her husband for releasing his new song ‘Talk And Do’. Adesua and Husband(Banky W) Sharing a ...[Read more]
- Soldiers flows residents who flayed Curfew in Osun state(video)October 27, 2020Amid the call for national reforms and an end to police brutality, a video making rounds online has angered some Nigerians after a group of military ...[Read more]