Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, on Thursday, vowed that no other regional outfit will be allowed to operate alongside the Eastern Security Network, ESN, in the Southeast.
Kanu made the remark while issuing a warning to Southeast governors to jettison the proposed new security outfit to be launched soon in the region.
The IPOB leader, who spoke through the group’s spokesman, Emma Powerful said the proposed security outfit was intended to counter ESN.
He also vowed that IPOB will resist any Miyetti Allah vigilante group formed in the Southeast.
A statement by Powerful said: “We the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) under the command and leadership of our great Leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, wishes to warn South-East Governors particularly Gov Dave Umahi to jettison the proposed new security outfit they intend to launch based on the advice of the Fulani-controlled Federal Government of Nigeria.
“We know that their intention is to counter the formidable Eastern Security Network, ESN, protecting and defending Biafrans against terrorists and invaders responsible for the senseless attacks, raping and wanton killings of our mothers, wives and sisters in our farmlands and forests.
“We warn these clueless governors in our region not to heed the mischievous advice and attempt by Miyetti Allah and Sokoto caliphate intended to compromise the security of Biafrans. Any Miyetti Allah vigilante group under any nomenclature formed by Dave Umahi and his fellow Efulefu governors as well as Ohaneze will be resisted by the people of Old Eastern region.
“We, therefore, advise every Biafran father and mother to caution their children against joining Umahi’s vigilante group as such an outfit is already the enemy of the people. Their agenda is sinister and anti-Biafra.”
- FA Cup: Alan Smith blasts two Arsenal players after 1-0 defeat to SouthamptonIn SportsJanuary 24, 2021Former Arsenal forward, Alan Smith, has slammed the club’s players, Willian and Nicolas Pepe following the club’s FA Cup 1-0 defeat to Southampton on ...[Read more]
- Herdsmen quit notice: What Buhari govt should do over Sunday Igboho’s order – Ismalic groupIn NewsJanuary 24, 2021The Muslim Rights Concern, MURIC, has called on the federal government to engage in dialogue and consultation over the crisis between Yoruba youths ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: NCDC confirms 1,633 new infections, additional deaths in NigeriaIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 24, 2021
- Buhari shuns Nigerians’ calls, demands ECOWAS restructuringIn NewsJanuary 24, 2021
- Youths Waste Much Energy on Irrelevant Issues – Yul EdochieIn EntertainmentJanuary 24, 2021Youths Waste Much Energy on Irrelevant Issues – Yul Edochie. The most handsome actor Yul Edochie in the Nollywood world, has recently called out ...[Read more]
- No more herdsmen – Sunday Igboho faces soldiers, policemen [Video]In NewsJanuary 24, 2021
- Ondo Truck Accident: Varsity breaks silence over students’ death, postpones examsIn NewsJanuary 24, 2021The management of Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko, AAUA, has expressed shock over the fatal accident that occurred in Akungba-Akoko, Akoko ...[Read more]
- ‘We Are Dating’ – Vee Finally Confirms (Video)In EntertainmentJanuary 24, 2021‘We Are Dating’ – Vee Finally Confirms. The former BBNaija housemate, Victoria Adeyele simply known as Vee, has finally confirmed that she is in a ...[Read more]
- What is Amotekun, Naira Marley Reacts over Marlians ArrestIn EntertainmentJanuary 24, 2021What is Amotekun, Naira Marley Reacts over Marlians Arrest. The video making rounds on social media is showing some school children arrested by ...[Read more]
- NYC nursing home refused to give rehab patients COVID-19 vaccine: polIn USAJanuary 24, 2021A Queens nursing home in the midst of a COVID-19 outbreak withheld potentially lifesaving vaccines from rehab patients, leaving a city councilman’s ...[Read more]