Barcelona have failed with a bid to appoint former Tottenham Hotspur manager, Mauricio Pochettino, as their new manager, The Times reports.
Barcelona have considered Pochettino as a replacement for current manager, Quique Setien, after failing to win the 2019/20 LaLiga title ahead of Real Madrid.
However, Pochettino has rejected the approach because he was a former player and coach of Barcelona derby rivals, Espanyol.
The Argentine will not consider working for Barcelona out of loyalty for Espanyol.
Newzandar News recalls that Pochettino had some days ago turned down an offer to become Monaco’s new manager.
Pochettino remains desperate to secure an imminent return to the English Premier League.
He has also attracted interest from Juventus and Newcastle United respectively.
Pochettino is waiting for the right opportunity to return to club management after he was sacked by Tottenham last November.
- Former Tottenham coach, Mauricio Pochettino rejects new job offer
- Former Tottenham Manager Pochettino Speaks On Accepting New Coaching Job
- Juventus in talks with former Tottenham manager, Mauricio Pochettino
- PSG confirm sacking of Thomas Tuchel with ex-Tottenham bossÂ Mauricio Pochettino expected to be announced as new coach
- EPL: Tottenham identify new candidate for manager job
- Thomas Tuchel is sacked by PSG with ex-Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino ‘set to replace him’
- Pochettino ‘happy’ Mourinho replaced him at Tottenham
- Mauricio Pochettino To Take Over A Barcelona Manager
- PSG manager, Pochettino tests positive for coronavirus
- Champions League: Pochettino names best manager in the world