A third of sexually-active Americans have dumped someone after having bad sex, according to new research.
The survey asked 2,000 Americans (approximately 1,800 of whom have been sexually active) about their sex lives and what’s an absolute turn-off with a partner.
And it turns out you better be good in bed if you want another date: 68 percent of sexually-active respondents said bad sex is a total deal breaker.
Conducted by OnePoll on behalf of Lora DiCarlo for Sexual Health Awareness Month, the survey also sought to find how successful respondents’ sex lives were and found four in 10 respondents feel like they’ve never experienced a true orgasm.
The survey also found that 17 percent of the time, sexually-active respondents are faking it in bed – at an average of four times a month – with women faking an average of 39 orgasms yearly.
Unfortunately, their partners seem to be in the dark, as 46 percent of sexually-active respondents believe their partners have never faked an orgasm with them.
With this orgasm gap, it’s not surprising that 44 percent of sexually-active respondents were in agreement that they don’t know enough about their partner’s needs to give them an orgasm.
Men were also more likely to agree with this statement, at 50 percent compared to just 36 percent of sexually-active women.
Fifty-four percent of sexually-active respondents do want to improve their sex lives with their partners, however, but they don’t know how.
Half of respondents also want to provide more pleasure to their partners but feel lost on how to do so.
This lack of communication shows on their partner’s end as well, as 47 percent of sexually-active respondents unfortunately feel like their partner doesn’t know how to fully pleasure them in bed.
Fifty-three percent of sexually-active respondents also want to have a conversation with their partner about how they improve their sex lives, but they don’t want to offend them.
“Sexual pleasure has been so stigmatized that it’s difficult for people to ask for the things they actually find pleasurable,” said Lora DiCarlo, Founder and CEO of her namesake brand. “Sex isn’t a one-sided event, open communication between partners leads to not only better sex, but inspires confidence and empowerment. Who doesn’t want that?”
Just over a third of respondents shared they use sex toys in their lives – with 34 percent of this group using them often for masturbation and 38 percent use them often with a partner as well.
Seventy-four percent of those who use sex toys also said they’re more likely to orgasm when using toys.
And for those who do use toys with their partners (approximately 700 respondents), three-quarters said using sex toys in the bedroom has improved their communication with their partner.
“Sex tech allows individuals the opportunity to develop a deeper understanding of their own bodies, sexual preferences and needs, which, in turn, translates to a deeper understanding of one’s self and can be used to inspire better communication between partners,” DiCarlo explained.
“Empowered sex leads to great sex, which is why Lora DiCarlo develops sexual wellness products that are designed to unlock people’s confidence on their path to pleasure while combatting the stigmas associated with sex.”
Americans are faking it …
- Men: 16 percent of the time or 4 times a month
- Women: 18 percent of the time or 3 times a month
And they think their partners never fake it with them…
- Men: 38 percent
- Women: 56 percent
New York Post
- Video of Nigerians in Scotland calling President Buhari a bad boy surfaces online, Watch video hereOctober 25, 2020Nigerians who are outside the country is not giving up at all as they keep on protesting until the government will listen to them and reach out to ...[Read more]
- Femi Kuti encourages BBNaija for her act of kindness towards the needyOctober 25, 2020The wife of popular Nigerian musician Femi Kuti has out of her heart showered Big Brother Nigeria star, Erica, with divine blessings for her act of ...[Read more]
- Davido advises protesters from burning down police stations, burning buses and looting shopsOctober 25, 2020CEO of DMW Davido has taken to social media to condemn protesters burning down police stations, burning buses and looting shops. According to Davido, ...[Read more]
- See what Nengi told her fansOctober 25, 2020Former BBNaija housemate Nengi has admonished her fans to desist from insulting people on her behalf. Nengi According to her, they should rather show ...[Read more]
- See what is going on between BBNaija Prince and EricaOctober 25, 2020Former Big Brother Naija Housemates, Prince and Erica have got fans talking after a photo of the two from a video call hit the internet. ...[Read more]
- ENDSARS: Nigerians In Paris Stage Their Protest In Solidarity With Those At Home (+Photos)October 25, 2020The protest to see a conclusion to police brutalities looks positive and unabated in spite of the administration intrigues. So as to end it at home, ...[Read more]
- See Gorgeous Photos From Ex-BBNaija Housemate, Tolanibaj’s BirthdayOctober 25, 2020Previous Big Brother Naija housemate, Tolanibaj turned 27 5 days prior and denoted her birthday at a private gathering. Tragically, she was unable to ...[Read more]
- Fearless Ibrah Says Kennedy Agyapong Will Go Mad Or Commit Suicide Before 10th JanuaryOctober 25, 2020Ghanaian mogul Ibrahim Dauda prevalently known as Ibrah One is attempting to place himself into inconvenience again as he has begun another battle he ...[Read more]
- Bobrisky Says He Is Done With Makeup (+Photo)October 25, 2020Well known Nigerian crossdresser Bobrisky has guaranteed his fans to avoid cosmetics and serve them with his natural beauty. As per Bobrisky, he will ...[Read more]
- Man Calls Out Comedian Ebiye For Selling A Benz He Purchased From HimOctober 25, 2020A man @MrPsalms on Twitter, has accused Comedian Ebiye of selling the Benz he purchased from him using a loan and losing the cash to forex exchanging ...[Read more]