Fresh proof, and lots of it, just landed that the entire Russiagate probe was a political hit on Team Trump — unprecedented abuse of Justice Department powers by Obama-era officials that continued under Special Counsel Robert Mueller.
Start with this: The main “subsource” for Christopher Steele’s infamous dossier (which served as vital “evidence” to justify the investigations) had years earlier been tagged as a possible “national-security threat” and Kremlin asset.
And top FBI leaders knew that by December 2016 — yet kept the damning info from the courts as they used the dossier to get warrants to surveil former Trump aide Carter Page.
That’s right: The probe of Trump’s supposed Russian ties depended on gossip from a likely Russian asset.
Meanwhile, text messages just released in the Mike Flynn case show that some of the agents working on that Crossfire Hurricane investigation believed it was a political hit. Many of them even bought special insurance for fear they’d face abuse-of-power charges.
A Sept. 17 interview of FBI agent William J. Barnett as part of the Justice Department review of the Flynn case is mind-blowing. Barnett, who moved from Crossfire Hurricane to Mueller’s team, thought the probe was “problematic and could result in an inspector general investigation.”
The probe, directed by Andrew McCabe, then James Comey’s No. 2, was “opaque” and had “little detail concerning specific evidence of criminal events,” he said. It seemed to be “supposition on supposition,” with no clarity even on what higher-ups wanted to “look for or at.”
It got worse on Mueller’s team, where he saw a total “get Trump” attitude: “Incidents involving Trump were taken in the most negative manner, or in some cases misinterpreted.” Top lawyers assumed there was “something criminal there” and competed to see who’d find it first.
Then there are the text messages amongst FBI employees, like the Jan. 5, 2017, post that Trump “was right” in suggesting Comey & Co. delayed briefing him on Russian meddling in the 2016 election because they needed time “to build a case.”
Even back in 2016, FBI employees knew they could get into trouble. In a text message, one said that “if this thing ever gets FOIA’d, there are going to be some tough questions asked.”
Thank goodness Attorney General Bill Barr has appointed John Durham and his team to ask them.
New York Post
- Wizkid fans blast Davido for congratulating Wizkid over ‘Made In Lagos’ album, See whyOctober 30, 2020Wizkid fans have taken to social media to tear Davido apart for congratulating their king over his ‘Made In Lagos’ album. Davido has congratulated ...[Read more]
- Wizkid Overlooks Davido’s tweet, Acknowledges Burna Boy, Yemi Alade, othersOctober 30, 2020Starboy Wizkid has again overlooked DMW boss, Davido’s show of love on social media. It should be recalled that earlier today, Davido took to ...[Read more]
- Popular Singer, Tiwa Savage Ignores Wizkid’s Newly Released Album, Made In LagosOctober 30, 2020Popular Singer, Tiwa Savage has ignored Wizkid’s newly released album, Made In Lagos. Starboy had on Friday released his long-anticipated ...[Read more]
- Wizkid’s MIL album will make our population increase, Says Footballer, Asisat OshoalaOctober 30, 2020Nigerian female footballer, Asisat Oshoala has showered acclaims on the superstar, Wizkid on the recently delivered album, Made In Lagos. The Super ...[Read more]
- Davido Compliments Wizkid On His New Album, Made In LagosOctober 30, 2020DMW boss, Davido has complimented Starboy Wizkid on his new collection, Made In Lagos, which dropped today, October 30. This is coming after one of ...[Read more]
- Apologize to Nigerians, Georgina Onuoha blast Desmond Elliot over the social media regulation sagaOctober 30, 2020Georgina Onuoha has angrily descended on Desmond Elliot over the social media regulation saga, after she was informed that, Desmond has already ...[Read more]
- Avoid the temptation of replying everything online, Zubby Micheal advises fansOctober 30, 2020Popular Nollywood actor Zubby Michael has taken to his social media page to caution all those who comment online adding that they would soon be ...[Read more]
- World Health Organisation insist hooligans attacked one of its offices in Nigeria on ThursdayOctober 30, 2020The World Health Organisation has said in a statement that some hooligans attacked one of its offices in Nigeria on Thursday, 29th October 2020, and ...[Read more]
- Desmond Elliot allegedly fathered a child with another woman without his wife’s knowledge, See details hereOctober 30, 2020Popular Nigerian actor and politician Desmond Elliot has allegedly fathered a child with another woman without his wife’s knowledge. Rumours ...[Read more]
- WizKid “Made In Lagos” gets 300 thousand views in the space of 3 hours(Pictures)October 30, 2020It is another win for internationally recognized Nigerian singer and songwriter Wizkid, as his much-anticipated album “Made In Lagos” has garnered ...[Read more]