The Bauchi State Sector Command of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), on Thursday, revealed the identities of some of the victims of last Sunday’s fatal accident in which 20 people were burnt beyond recognition at Tirwun in the outskirt of Bauchi.
The FRSC Sector Commander, Yusuf Abdullahi, while revealing the identities as contained in the passengers’ manifest of one of the vehicles, further informed that the death toll of the accident had increased to 21.
According to him, one of the two survivors of the accident died while receiving treatment at the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital (ATBUTH), Bauchi, where the survivors, both female, were taken for treatment.
DAILY POST had last Sunday reported the accident involving an 18-seater Toyota bus and a Volkswagen Gulf car, travelling on opposite direction which had a head on collision and burst into flames, leading to 20 passengers burnt beyond recognition.
The Toyota bus, belonging to Borno Express Mass Transit, with 18 passengers on board was said to be coming from Jos, while Vokswagen Gulf was coming from Misau heading towards Bauchi.
The Gulf car, it was learnt, had four passengers onboard as of the time of the accident.
The Bauchi State Police Command’s Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) DSP Ahmed Mohammed Wakil, who confirmed the incident in a telephone interview with DAILY POST, said that only two females survived with varying degrees of injuries out of the 22 passengers in the two vehicles.
According to the FRSC Sector Commander, the remaining survivor of the accident was still on admission at the ATBUTH though unconscious.
Abdullahi stated that according to the passengers’ manifest of the Borno Express bus, with registration number: BO-89-A-28, six of its passengers were males, while seven females.
He informed that the destination of five of the passengers was Damaturu, while six were heading to Maiduguri.
He listed the passengers as contained on the manifest as: Okoh Moses; Ishaq Hamza; Success Dan Yerima; Babangida Hassan; Palmala Gaji and Kolo Kyari.
Others are Fatima Mele Maryam; Christiana Pam; Glory Zaka and Yusuf Nadabo, while the driver’s name is Ado.
The sector commander, however, called on relatives of the deceased to come forward to the Bauchi State Sector Command and claim their properties.
- Four reportedly killed, residents desert community as cultists clash in BakassiIn Local NewsJanuary 17, 2021Two cemetery guards were on Sunday arrested by men of the Ondo State Security Network Agency, otherwise known as Amotekun Corps for alleged ...[Read more]
- Ex- Oyo Amateur Boxing Chair, Opaleye is deadIn SportsJanuary 17, 2021A former Chairman, Oyo State Amateur Boxing Association, Mr. Akintunde Opaleye is dead. DAILY POST gathered that Olaleye died on Sunday at the ...[Read more]
- Arsenal vs Newcastle: Gunners give injury updates on Martinelli, TierneyIn SportsJanuary 17, 2021Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta, will have Gabriel Martinelli and Kieran Tierney available for Monday night’s Premier League game with Newcastle. ...[Read more]
- Video captures suspects in Staten Island recording-studio shootingIn USAJanuary 17, 2021Chilling video shows the moment two armed suspects burst into a Staten Island recording studio Saturday and opened fire — killing a 23-year-old man ...[Read more]
- EPL: Why Man Utd’s 0-0 draw with Liverpool will not be good result – SolskjaerIn EPL, SportsJanuary 17, 2021Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta, will have Gabriel Martinelli and Kieran Tierney available for Monday night’s Premier League game with Newcastle. ...[Read more]
- Two cemetery guards in Amotekun net over alleged possession of human headsIn Local NewsJanuary 17, 2021Two cemetery guards were on Sunday arrested by men of the Ondo State Security Network Agency, otherwise known as Amotekun Corps for alleged ...[Read more]
- Rotimi Amaechi injured, using crutches [Photos]In NewsJanuary 17, 2021The Network for Democracy and Development (NDD), has warned that schools are still not safe for students and teachers to resume, due to poor ...[Read more]
- Bandits kidnap, kill Catholic Priest in Niger StateIn Local NewsJanuary 17, 2021Armed bandits have invaded Sharu village, Igabi local government area of Kaduna State and killed an 80-year-old woman, Hauwwa Umaru. Security ...[Read more]
- Alleged money ritual; Prophet seen spraying money on young men in a river (Video)In Viral NewsJanuary 17, 2021A viral video has captured moment an Anambra based Prophet, Onyeze Jesus, was seen performing rituals on some young men in a river. In the video ...[Read more]
- Details of Mesut Ozil’s new contract revealedIn SportsJanuary 17, 2021Mesut Ozil’s imminent transfer to Fenerbahce is getting closer, with the player already appearing to have confirmed his new shirt number, the UK ...[Read more]