The World Health Organisation (WHO) has revealed that the number of COVID-19 cases worldwide has surpassed 90 million, with a total of 90,054,813.
The health organization in a statement on Wednesday said that globally, there are 90,054,813 confirmed cases with 1,945,610 deaths.
The WHO noted that the U.S. remains at the top in both infection cases and fatalities, with 22,428,591 confirmed cases and 373,329 deaths followed by India with 10,495,147 cases and 151,529 deaths, and then Brazil, with 8,131,612 cases and 203,580 deaths.
“Also severely affected were Russia with 3,448,203 cases, Britain with 3,118,522 cases, France with 2,740,656 cases, Italy with 2,289,021 cases, and Spain with 2,111,782 cases.
“On the list of death tolls after the top three were Mexico with 134,368 cases, Britain with 81,960 cases, Italy with 79,203 cases, France with 67,368 cases, Russia with 62,804 cases, Iran with 56,360 cases, and Spain with 52,275 cases.
“As the world is struggling to contain the pandemic, vaccination is underway in some countries with the already-authorised coronavirus vaccines.
“Meanwhile, 236 candidate vaccines are still being developed worldwide, 63 of them in clinical trials in countries including Germany, China, Russia, Britain and the United States,” the statement said.
- Nollywood actor, Ernest Asuzu is deadIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 27, 2021Nigerian Instagram comedian, Debo Adebayo, popularly known as Mr Macaroni has taken a swipe on the Buhari-led administration over its handling of the ...[Read more]
- Policewoman sacked for getting pregnant before marriageIn GossipJanuary 27, 2021A female officer of the Nigeria Police Force has been dismissed for getting pregnant before marriage. The lady identified as Corporal Olajide Omolola ...[Read more]
- If you fall under anointing and break anything, you will pay – Pastor warns church members (Video)In GossipJanuary 27, 2021A Nigerian pastor has issued a warning to his church members who are fond of falling under the anointing and breaking church properties. In a ...[Read more]
- Nigerian woman expresses regret after finding out the baby she abandoned at age 2 is now a kingIn GossipJanuary 27, 2021A woman simply known as Ngozi has cried out in regret for treating her husband unfairly and abandoning her baby many years ago. She revealed that she ...[Read more]
- “She is a just friend” – Ned Nwoko clears the air on affair with Zambian mistressIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 27, 2021Popular politician, Ned Nwoko has cleared the air on his move to marry an eighth wife, after an alleged affair with a Zambian, Phyllis Thompson. It ...[Read more]
- Court orders final forfeiture of millions found in former Governor Abdulaziz Yariâs account to FGIn NewsJanuary 27, 2021A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja on Tuesday January 26, ordered the final forfeiture of millions found in the bank account of former ...[Read more]
- Lawmakers ask Ministry of Health to stop its plans to use N10 billion in production of COVID19 vaccinesIn NewsJanuary 27, 2021The National Assembly Joint Committee on Health has asked the Ministry of Health to suspend further actions on plans to utilize the N10 billion ...[Read more]
- Petition challenging our client’s dead-on-arrival – Lawyers for Assin North MPIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Lawyers for Assin North Member of Parliament(mp) James Gyakye Quayson are asking the Cape Coast High Court in the Central Region to dismiss the ...[Read more]
- EPL: Arteta gives injury updates on Partey, Smith Rowe ahead of Man Utd clashIn EPL, SportsJanuary 27, 2021Odion Ighalo, on Tuesday, paid tribute to Manchester United with a farewell letter. The Nigerian striker thanked Man United management and fans ...[Read more]
- The north became NDC when Adu Boahen said give them kerosene not electricity – John Tia recalls ’92 insultsIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Former Information Minister John Tia has revealed why people in the Northern part of Ghana always vote for the National Democratic Congress (NDC). ...[Read more]