The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has kicked against calls for Biafra and Oduduwa republic.
Speaking on Sunday at a Special Ramadan Prayer Tafsir lecture held at the Lagos House, Marina, Tinubu said the drums of war being beaten by some people may result in crisis like Sudan and Iraq.
The former Lagos governor stated he cannot afford to experience another civil war.
“For clamouring for war, God will not allow Nigeria to experience war. If we say Nigeria should separate, people should remember what war caused in Sudan and Iraq. Such war does not end on time and we are even yet to recover from the civil war.”
“We are better together than divided. I have nowhere I am going. Whoever has experienced war in the past will not pray for such. Nigeria will not separate; it is not acceptable to us. Our prayer is for prosperity and more wealth for the country and not separation or war,” he said.
Tinubu also commended Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu and his Deputy, Dr. Obafemi Kadiri Hamzat, for their achievements.
He added that the state has witnessed massive developments under the Sanwo-Olu administration.
The Governor of Lagos State, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu in his message promised to fulfill his campaign promises and deliver dividends of democracy to Lagosians.
He disclosed that the State government is in the process of installing 2,000 cameras across the state for security surveillance.
Credit: News – Gistlover
- Auto crash claims 2 lives in OnitshaIn Local NewsMay 13, 2021A court in Cyprus has sentenced a Nigerian, Chrstopher Ezeh linked to the murder of another Nigerian student, Walshak Augustine Ngok to 27 years in ...[Read more]
- Nigerian sentenced to 27 years in prison for killing fellow student in CyprusIn Local NewsMay 13, 2021A court in Cyprus has sentenced a Nigerian, Chrstopher Ezeh linked to the murder of another Nigerian student, Walshak Augustine Ngok to 27 years in ...[Read more]
- Biafra: IPOB won’t attack Lagos – Ohanaeze Ndigbo president assures Sanwo-OluIn Biafra, NewsMay 13, 2021The Attorney General of the Federation AGF and Minister of Justice, Malam Abubakar, has hinted that the federal government will resuscitate special ...[Read more]
- Teachers union chief cites Stuyvesant HS in ripping standardized testingIn USAMay 13, 2021American Federation of Teachers president Randi Weingarten critiqued standardize testing Thursday — and specifically cited the racial makeup of ...[Read more]
- ‘When Is This Pandemic Ending, It’s Enough Now’ – Refilwe ModiselleIn South AfricaMay 13, 2021ADVERTISEMENT The renowned media personality made this known in a recent post she made on her verified social media handle on Twitter. READ ALSO: ...[Read more]
- ABSU student allegedly fakes own kidnapIn Local NewsMay 13, 2021The Abia State University internal security has arrested a 200 level Political Science student, George Nnamdi, who allegedly faked his own kidnap. ...[Read more]
- Thickleeyonce Drops Stunning Photos To Get Her Followers TalkingIn South AfricaMay 13, 2021ADVERTISEMENT The renowned lifestyle blogger and model shared these lovely photos on her personal social media handle on the popular social media ...[Read more]
- China uses coercive policies to drive down Uyghur birth rates: think tankIn LifestyleMay 13, 2021Beijing, May 13 – Coercive policies in China’s far western region of Xinjiang have led to a sharp decline ...[Read more]
- Councilman’s aide who said he was tormented settles for $850KIn USAMay 13, 2021A former aide to ex-City Councilman Vincent Gentile — who sued the city alleging coworkers left decapitated teddy bears on his desk and tormented him ...[Read more]
- Students who hacked KFC for $31,000 worth of chicken jailed in ChinaIn LifestyleMay 13, 2021The Chinese students who scored a five-finger-lickin’ discount at Kentucky Fried Chicken — for a total of $31,000 worth of food — are going to ...[Read more]