Nigerians have been thrown into shock following the gruesome murder of Gokada founder, Fahim Saleh.
According to reports, The limbless, headless torso of the millionaire tech entrepreneur was found inside his New York apartment on Tuesday afternoon, July 14, with an electric saw lying next to the remains, police in New York said.
Saleh bought the condo for $2.25 million (N870.7m) in 2023.
According to Daily News source, the police found contractor bags near the torso but didn’t immediately open them to see if the body parts were inside.
NYPD spokesman Sgt. Carlos Nieves said all of the body parts were found at the scene but declined to give specifics on where.
“We have a torso, a head that’s been removed, arms, and legs. Everything is still on the scene. We don’t have a motive,” he said.
While the police have commenced an investigation, An elevator surveillance camera may have caught the victim’s last moments, sources said.
It shows the victim getting into the elevator Monday, followed quickly by a second man, dressed in a suit, wearing gloves, a hat and a mask over his face.
After the victim walked out onto his floor, he fell immediately, possibly shot or stunned.
“The perp had a suitcase. He was very professional,” one police source said.
NYC Medical Exmainer removes the remains of CEO and venture capitalist Fahim Saleh. Saleh was found dismembered in his Lower East Side apartment Tuesday afternoon. pic.twitter.com/QHsek8bCQQ
— Joe Marino (@joemarino_) July 15, 2023
Daily News stated that friends of the late Saleh had only kind words to describe. They also believe he was targeted but according to them, he never acted like he was worried about anything, the friend said.
Saleh, a website developer turned venture capital, founded the motorcycle-sharing company in Lagos which provided jobs to a lot of people in the state.
In a statement by Ventura County Sheriff William Ayub on Monday, July 13, the actress’s body was found near the surface of the water in the northeastern portion of the California lake.
Pathao Co-founder Hussain Elius has reacted to the shocking incident, saying;
“We are shocked and saddened to hear the reports of the death of Fahim Saleh, one of the founding members of the Pathao team.
“Fahim believed in the potential for technology to transform lives in Bangladesh and beyond. He saw the promise in us, when all we had was a common purpose and a shared vision. He was, and will forever remain, an incredible inspiration for Pathao and our entire ecosystem.”
Fahim, a Bentley University alumnus, co-founded Pathao together with Hussain M Elius and Shifat Adnan in 2015. He was a computer science and engineering (CSE) graduate.
Fahim started Gokada, a motorcycle ride-sharing company in Lagos, but the company faced setbacks and mass layoffs after Lagos banned commercial motorcycles (Okada) from operating, in January 2023.
Reacting to the news, Gokada stated that his visions and belief will be carried on by the company.
As shared on Twitter: “We are deeply saddened to inform you about the sudden and tragic loss of our founder and CEO, Fahim Salem. Fahim was a great leader, inspiration and positive light for all of us.
“Our hearts go out to his friends, family and all those feeling the pain and heartbreak we are currently experiencing, here at Gokada.
“Fahim’s vision and belief in us will be with us forever, and we will miss him dearly. Thank you for understanding as we get through this.
“All updates and changes will be communicated with you, as it unfolds. Forever in our hearts”.
- Gokada Founder and CEO, Fahim Saleh Brutally Murdered In New York, Body Dismembered
- In New York City: Gokada CEO, Fahim Saleh, found dead, body dismembered
- Personal Assistant of Gokada CEO, Fahim Saleh, who was found murdered and dismembered in his home, has been arrested
- Moment Tyrese Haspil, the former personal assistant of Gokada CEO, Fahim Saleh was arrested for his gruesome murder (video)
- Moment former personal assistant of Gokada CEO, Fahim Saleh, Tyrese Haspil got arrested for his murder (Video)
- Why Tyrese Devon Haspil Killed His Boss Fahim Saleh, CEO Of Gokada (Video)
- More photos of the former Personal assistant who killed Gokada CEO Fahim Saleh in order to avoid paying $90,000 he stole from him
- More photos of the former Personal assistant who allegedly killed Gokada CEO Fahim Saleh in order to avoid paying $90,000 he stole from him
- “The funeral home called to report that it would not be possible to sew his limbs and head back onto his torso” Sister of Gokada CEO, Fahim Saleh, writes emotional tribute
- Who was Fahim Saleh, the tech CEO brutally dismembered in NYC?