Ajax goalkeeper, Andre Onana, has confirmed his intention to leave Erik ten Hag’s side this summer transfer window.
The Cameroon international said that he is ready to “take a step” amid interest from Chelsea.
Newzandar News recalls that Onana, who had chosen to play for Chelsea, had also drawn the interest of Barcelona, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur in the past.
The 24-year-old has established himself as among the best goalkeepers in Europe during his time in Holland, winning the Dutch Eredivisie title and reaching the semi-final of the UEFA Champions League last season.
But that Ajax team has been pulled apart, with Frenkie de Jong and Matthijs de Ligt leaving last summer and Hakim Ziyech agreeing on a move to Chelsea this summer.
And Onana has now made it clear that he intends to be the next big player to secure a move away from Ajax.
“Do not get me wrong, I am very happy with Ajax, and I am very grateful to the club,” Onana told Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad.
“It was five great years here, but now my time has come to take a step.
“I do not yet know what will happen, but my ambitions and agreements are clear.”
Onana joined Ajax from Barcelona in 2016.
He has made over 150 appearances for the Eredivisie champions.
His current contract at Ajax will expire in 2023.
- Good news for Chelsea as Andre Onana confirms intention to leave Ajax
- Ajax goalkeeper, Andre Onana handed 12-month suspension for failing a doping test
- UEFA ban Ajax goalkeeper, Andre Onana for failing drug test
- I shared the post on my timeline with the intention to jocularly send a message to purveyors of fake news – Kunle Afolayan replies Mike Ezuruonye
- Wesley Sneijder tells Onana not to join Arsenal
- Ajax boss labels Chelsea new boy a ’trainers nightmare’
- Chelsea’s new boy Hakim Ziyech named Ajax Player of the Year for the third time in a row
- WHO has good news and bad news about second coronavirus wave
- Keanu Reeves Fans Just Got Good News and Bad News Amid Hollywood’s Scheduling Shuffle